Share:
Notifications
Clear all

TV Workshop nearing Completion!  

PaulGoggo1
(@paulgoggo1)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

Hello ,

Not been on here for a while. Been moving house (not too far only a couple of miles).

The plan has always been to build a purpose workshop for Vintage TV repairs. This is now about 2 weeks or so from completion so then I will be able to start working on the various TV sets that have been waiting patiently in storage for the last few years!

Some of these include various Telefunken (of course!) 26" sets mostly obtained from my contacts in Germany (and a handy courier too).

These are mostly 712 20AX Chassis with various different versions including some with an on screen digital clock. These sets are approx. 1976 models.

A rare model 743 with the slightly later 711A chassis and a couple of Telefunken 640 (511 chassis) portables (dating from 1973 to 4), again Germany sourced.

A Sony KV2201, Sony KV1320UB and rare Nordmende 26" Colour set. A SABA colour set is also in there!

Also a B&O 3400 26" in a white cabinet. Fearsomely heavy and highly complex too. Not working at present.

A B/W set,  an Ultra 20" BRC950 Chassis in superb condition ( recently failed though)

18 Sets so far to look at, so will keep me busy for a while!

Will post pictures soon and hopefully some repair blogs too.

Paul G

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2019 10:42 pm
Alex728, PYE625, Lloyd and 4 people liked
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Paul,

welcome back, hope things are settled and the mountain of boxes associated with moving, has diminished. Its great when one achieves a goal of having a dedicated workshop, I know when I completed mine it made such a difference to how I approached repairs. For me clearly defined work areas, components easy to hand and all fully organised, made such a difference.

I and I hope the very few of us who remain at Vrat, look forward to following your interesting collection of European sets. Like you I very much like the offerings from, Telefunken, SABA, B&O, Normende, Tandberg, Finlandia etc. Especially look forward to reading about and seeing, how you get on with the 711A.

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2019 12:11 pm
Lloyd
(@lloyd)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

Best of luck with your new workshop! Mine has been in existence for just over 3 years now, and it's still not totally finished, it's also too small already! Will certainly be interesting to see some different TV sets getting repaired.

Regards,

Lloyd

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2019 8:29 pm