4 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)
Prominent Member Registered
Topic starter

Here's something, found on a skip, now refurbished, and taking pride of place on the workshop wall.

I like it's industrial look...

http://andydoz.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/synchronised-westerstrand-impulse-clock.html

Posted : 21/05/2018 10:44 am
MongooseDC
(@mongoosedc)
Trusted Member Registered

I assume that these were installed in factories and were controlled by the same master clock as the clocking-in and clocking-out clock.

Would it be possible to synchronise to the VLF time sync signal (I believe the transmitter is at a place called Anhorn or something like that.)?

Posted : 02/01/2019 2:03 pm
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)
Prominent Member Registered
Topic starter

Posted by: MongooseDC

I assume that these were installed in factories and were controlled by the same master clock as the clocking-in and clocking-out clock.

Would it be possible to synchronise to the VLF time sync signal (I believe the transmitter is at a place called Anhorn or something like that.)?

Wouldn't be very much different to this GPS version. 

Posted : 03/01/2019 2:51 pm
Boingy
(@boingy)
Estimable Member Registered

Hello Andy,
I had somebody come into my shop once with a BBC clock, which was along the lines of your project. The BBC clock also had a seconds hand. The customer wanted to keep the original mechanism, but was happy to have the pulses controlled by quartz.

We got there after a day or so of experimenting. The result worked well. We even had buttons to advance or retard the time. It was fun to watch those hands whizzing about 🙂
At the time, I didn't even think about doing a diagram for posterity!

I must say your solution is very elegant 🙂
I'm so jealous 😉

All the best,

Tony

Standards are like toothbrushes. Everybody needs them, but nobody want to use yours!

Posted : 21/03/2019 10:33 pm
Share: