Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Tech Chat Apollo AGC restoration:Epic

crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Forget the latest blockbuster movie or the latest must see box set on Netflix, if you're a true die hard, vintage technology restoration fan and have not been following this amazing series, then you are seriously and I mean seriously missing out on something special.

This epic repair has more twists and plot turns to have you on the edge of your seat than you can cope with. The latest repair task in episode 21/22, where they diagnose, excavate and repair a potted memory core was just incredible. It certainly gave me inspiration to consider tackling resin potted triplers and not just the easy silicon ones, though I'd have to invest in a milling machine.

In episode 22, just when it looks like game over with a serious tiny transformer short, they brain storm a possible solution to the circuit. Steal a pulse from another transformer and then somehow invert, then young Mike comes up with that genius moment of simplicity! " How about using a PNP". As they said it was their Apollo 13 moment. ? 

Here is the link to the play-list starting at episode 1. There are currently 22 episodes, It looks like they may just make the deadline for the anniversary.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/07/2019 9:06 am
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Certainly be watching some of these. I found this simulator online, not tried to use it but it may interest someone.

http://svtsim.com/moonjs/agc.html

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 9:33 am