7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

Hi all,

I've just been trawling through some files on one of my flash drives and came across some BBC testcard music, namely "Asia Minor" (ten minutes worth of it) "Fury" (seemingly complete), "Golondrina" (also seemingly compete) and "Holiday Highway" (also seems complete).

I remember listening to some of these on our old Bush TV75, but can anyone tell me when that would have been, or moreover, can anyone give definitive dates between which these would have been aired?

Holiday Highway I think was only aired over the Christmas period,and if I'm not mistaken, on BBC2? I'm not at all sure about that one, so do correct me if I'm wrong - it certainly has a Christmas holiday feel to it.

As an aside to these, I also found some TV ident/clock screen savers (loosely termed). The clocks do actually work, and tell the correct time, accurate even down to the twitchy second hands on some regional clocks. A rather nice little set I downloaded some years ago, but blowed if I know where I got them from.

Posted : 03/05/2018 7:46 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

I bought a CD “Test Card Classics” it as Holiday Highway but only says BBC1/2 1967-84. The other two are not on the CD.

I never knew the titles of the tunes back then, but playing the CD certainly brings back memories of them in the workshop.

Frank

Posted : 03/05/2018 8:08 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Don't forget Marion the Data Library contains 32 albums, with over 700 MP3 test card music files. Each folder gives the BBC channel it aired on and in the folder are the individual tracks including a word doc detailing the source and track lengths.

Location: Technical Library | Media Library | BBC Test Card Music 

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 03/05/2018 8:17 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

Posted by: Chris

Don't forget Marion the Data Library contains 32 albums, with over 700 MP3 test card music files.

Ah, yes.....

And there in lies a thing...... I had quite forgotten about that!

Cheers, Chris ? 

Don't suppose you've got those ident clocks in there too? ?

Posted : 03/05/2018 8:30 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

I haven't forgotten Chris but I download quite a lot with manuals and magazines, your bandwidth costs and I don't want to be over use it.

Frank

Posted : 03/05/2018 8:57 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Don't worry Frank, I purchased a pro hosting solution for our server and as such, in theory, my bandwidth is unlimited.  Not cheap by the month but gives great performance and growth with massive storage too for the ever growing library ? 

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 03/05/2018 9:04 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

Anyway, the cats like it!

I don't think I can remember these moggies looking so contented, sitting like sphynxes with eyes closed and purring relaxed as deflated balloons!

Posted : 03/05/2018 9:18 pm
Share: