Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Ekco Hostess Trolley  

Alex728
(@alex728)
Busy V-Ratter Registered

My aunt was using this on Boxing Day - I remember she has had it for about 30+ years, it was around when I was a young lad. I've also seen (and PAT tested) similar ones branded Philips. Still works well, I wonder when it was originally made?

Ecko hostess trolley
Posted : 21/02/2020 4:52 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

I seem to recall the table-top ones are 1980s - my brother had a full-size Ekco trolley in the mid-70s when he got married and only recently dumped it. I pointed out they're worth money and I still see the odd full-size one at the local tip. I wouldn't mind a table top one - Philips having taken ownership of Pye after they had taken over Ekco explains the name change. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/02/2020 5:24 pm
Alex728 liked
RichardFromMarple
(@richardfrommarple)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

My parents had one like this of those for years but without the top serving dishes, I think it was a wedding present.

My gran had a full trolley, I'm not sure what happened to it, but my parents got rid of theirs a few years ago because of surface rust & the fact that it only needed to be plugged in to turn it on, something my Dad never liked.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/02/2020 11:37 pm
Alex728 liked
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

There's a thing I haven't seen in years! But, I nearly bought one for my sister and her husband when the first married, but it was a tad too expensive for an item that would probably end up languishing in the cupboard under the stairs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2020 8:16 am
Alex728 liked