Guess that telly!

8 Posts
4 Users
12 Likes
Lloyd
(@lloyd)
Prominent Member Registered
Topic starter

Digging through some old photos the other day, came across this one! The dog was Sophie, and she was still around in the 90’s as I can remember her when I was a kid, she was a lovely dog, she was my Grandparents dog, and I guess the telly was theirs too. No idea what make it was, I never saw it, by the time I came along they had replaced it with a Dynatron in a fancy cabinet with IR remote, it had the little red LED channel number in the corner, and there was another flip down panel at the front concealing a VHS machine. 

Regards 

Lloyd

DAB4253D E62D 43C7 ADA5 264E7718F77F

ps, sorry the picture is on it’s side...

Posted : 26/11/2020 1:01 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

My first thought was ITT but the label on the front bottom right appears to have a “Man with a Gong” symbol so that would be RBM.

Frank

Posted : 26/11/2020 2:50 pm
Lloyd, Lloyd and Lloyd reacted
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered

It's a Bush, possibly one of the later A823B models made in 1974/5.

Till Eulenspiegel.

Posted : 26/11/2020 3:01 pm
Lloyd, Nuvistor, Lloyd and 3 people reacted
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered

Or a Z718 chassis model with remote control? 

From 1974 on, all Bush colour TVs were designated with the prefix BCxxxxx. Murphy MCxxxx.

Posted : 26/11/2020 4:06 pm
Lloyd, Lloyd and Lloyd reacted
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered

The set has touch tuning. Not sure if A823B models had this feature but Bush introduced a touch tune set in 1972. It was a de-luxe 26" set which had roll away doors. Chassis was the non BEAB A823A. The six channel indicator neons were functionary in the channel switching circuit. The design exploited the difference between the light up and extinguish voltages of the Hivac 3L neons. 

Bush CTV

Till Eulenspiegel.

Posted : 26/11/2020 8:29 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

Posted by: @till

The set has touch tuning. Not sure if A823B models had this feature but Bush introduced a touch tune set in 1972. It was a de-luxe 26" set which had roll away doors. Chassis was the non BEAB A823A. The six channel indicator neons were functionary in the channel switching circuit. The design exploited the difference between the light up and extinguish voltages of the Hivac 3L neons.

Till Eulenspiegel.

I’m pretty sure the set you’re describing was the Bush CTV1226C. Can’t help with the model pictured as I left the RBM camp early ‘74 before they went BC, MC etc. but I also think it’s A823 based.

John.

Posted : 26/11/2020 9:21 pm
Lloyd
(@lloyd)
Topic starter

Cheers for the replies! Since you mentioned it was a Bush, I did a little googling with the CTV1226C model number, which gave a few results, not what I was looking for, but in the other pictures that it always suggests there was a set that looked very much like it! It was on crappy Worthpoint, which is useless, but it was described as a Bush Electrosonic colour tv, and another result popped up from another website I don't like much, Pinterest, with a nice clear view of one! So I've pinched the picture! No model number as yet.

Regards,

Lloyd

bush Electrosonic

Posted : 26/11/2020 11:07 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered

More information about the later production A823B TVs.

Models BC6318 and BC6418 had touch tuning and a remote control system which offered channel changing and sound muting. 

Bush BC6318

The touch tuning system employed the ETT6016 integrated circuit.

With regard to the earlier Bush and Murphy CTVs with touch tuning the models introduced in 1972 were the Murphy CV2612C and the Bush CTV2626C.

The channel change circuits employed the channel indicator neons as part of the channel selection process. 

Bush CTV2612
Bush CTV2612 2

Till Eulenspiegel. 

Posted : 27/11/2020 11:02 am
Share: