Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Rediffusion name resurrected..  

Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Gary, (Colourstar) directed me to this website.  http://rediffusionuk.com/

Another great name used simply for marketing reasons I guess.

Till Eulenspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2020 3:28 pm
Nuvistor liked
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)

Well spotted David, at least they state that the brand will be trading on the back of Rediffusions name.

I wonder how many under the age of 40 would remember the brand, forums like this one apart.

Frank

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2020 3:35 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Must admit this brand appropriation always leaves a bad taste in my mouth, admittedly anyone under the age of 40 will be none the wiser nor give two-hoots. What this says to me is that for the most part modern brands are crap. They cannot build a decent, reliable product and they know it. Rather than building their own reputation, resort to brand theft, names from the past that did build their reputation on quality, over many years.

I note from the website its not an actual company making products, its just someone hoping to licence the Rediffusion name to someone hoping to tap into the market. Presumably they managed to buy the name. Personally I hope they choke before they leave the Rediffusion name in tatters.

I mean a virtual reality headset and tablet carrying the Rediffusion brand is a joke, then again no more silly than Baird on an LCD panel. Ignore me, I'm a 50-something year old grump BAH!!!

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2020 4:38 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)

Way back in 1986 I remember talking one of the engineers in the Rediffusion Bishop Auckland works and the big topic at the time was the forthcoming Mark 6 series of colour TVs. It never happened of course because Granada took over Rediffusion and that company had no interest in manufacturing.

Didn't the cable TV part of Rediffusion become "MirrorVision"? Part of Robert Maxwell's Mirror group enterprise.

Till Eulenspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2020 5:31 pm
crustytv liked