Tech Chat Samsung TV Chassis type

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Gazpacholulu
(@gazpacholulu)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter

Trying to find out which chassis is fitted to my own tv, its about 2015 in age. Are there clues in the model number or serial number?

Posted : 04/03/2022 3:20 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

I know we can often work miracles at VRAT, but how about a bit more info than just the name Samsung and a year.

We are primarily a vintage TV & Vintage electronics forum, the clue is in the Logo above. 2015 is a tad new, and I suspect, but only guessing due to the limited info you provided, you're enquiring about a flat screen TV?

Posted by: @gazpacholulu

Are there clues in the model number or serial number?

What model? What serial? It's all very cryptic, how about providing those at the very least, even a photo might have gone a long way to help us to help you.

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 04/03/2022 3:36 pm
Gazpacholulu
(@gazpacholulu)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter

@crustytv sorry, it wasn't meant to be a dumb question, just my explanation. I wondered if there was a code to crack in general, not just my set. My set is working fine, I just wondered what chassis it had in it. UE43J5500AK by the way

Posted : 04/03/2022 3:40 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

I believe but I could be mistaken, the days of manufacturers making their own TV chassis' are long gone.

A quick online search suggests Samsung like many other brands get their housings, PCBs and screens for television sets mainly  manufactured in China, Vietnam and Korea. The Screens are produced in three factories two in South Korea and one in China.

TV sets are then assembled from finished components in local countries. Screen, electric board, speakers are installed in the case. The TV is checked, the TV is packed and sent to stores. Assembly plants, try to place as close to the customer as possible, reduce logistics costs and minimize taxes.

Cheaper models of TV sets are also assembled by third-party assemblers under the outsourcing scheme. One such manufacturer is in my town, it's called Cello, they sell TV's as Ferguson, though it has absolutely nothing inside that relates to that once trusted brand name.

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 04/03/2022 3:54 pm
WayneD
(@wayned)
Honorable Member Registered

You can get replacement boards from Spares2Repair for the Samsung UE43J5500AK so that should give you a fair indication of what's fitted in your TV.

Samsung were one of the last manufacturers to have their own TV chassis as I used a 2005 Samsung CRT TV as a donor for an arcade monitor and noticed the whole chassis was Samsung even down to their own electrolytic capacitors and chips. The tube was Thomson though, which I find fascinating as it has zero convergence rings! Shame we'd perfected cathode ray tube production to a level that no convergence was required just at the point where flat screens came about...

EDIT: I've just Googled and it does seem that Samsung still manufacture their own TVs! They like to build their own factories to satisfy the local market. 

Posted : 04/03/2022 8:34 pm
Share: