News SKY Broadcasting - Incorrect time stamp on EPG/Planner

6 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

I wonder if there are any other members who use a SKY+HD receiver?

If you do, you may have noticed that the clock/time signal did not reset to GMT on Sunday am?  Apparently, SKY are aware of the issue, and are "allegedly" working on it. Well, some 34 hours on, and the problem still persists. This issue does not (apparently) affect all +HD boxes - A software issue? No doubt introduced during one the frequent OTA "Software Upgrades" over the last six months.

I wonder also, did anyone notice (probably not) that SKY no longer support the Phase One Digi-Box. These boxes continue to operate, but there are issues around regional ITV broadcasts. Sky have resolved this with ITV, and are (I think, so correct me if I'm wrong) still broadcasting ITV's national broadcasts on Phase One Boxes, but regional broadcasts are now blanked. The underlying issue will not be rectified - Essentially, the original SKY Digital system is now 'EOL' - Farewell 'SKY Digital' phase one. We salute you on 20(ish) years of service.

Posted : 01/11/2021 6:54 pm
neil1974
(@neil1974)
Honorable Member Registered

Yes i've tried to reset mine etc to try and correct it but it still doesn't work. although the programmes i've set to record all do at the correct time thankfully.

Cheers

Neil.

Posted : 01/11/2021 7:21 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

Indeed they do, but it's a pain in the neck when you have to constantly correct the time in your head, to prevent programme clashes.

Also, as I've noticed, some programmes which rely on the "Series Link" are not renewing themselves when they should. Possibly because there is a conflict between the time shown by the receiver, and the system time held on the +HD platform.

I should also add that SKY-Q is not affected.

I have wondered if this might be a prelude to SKY divesting themselves of the now ageing +HD platform? - I await an announcement stating that at (about) fifteen years old, +HD is also to be EOL, especially given SKY's recent announcement that they are moving away from DVBS in favour of an internet based TV platform. If so, I'll miss the movie channels, but at the same time, I'll save a ton of money!

I wonder how much time is left for SKY-Q?

Posted : 01/11/2021 8:14 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

@katie-bush 

I cancelled my Sky TV contract earlier this year, bought a Freeview recorder, I don’t watch enough TV to pay for Sky but I don’t remember any time changes in the past causing a problem, this was with an HD box. Has you say perhaps a recent over the air update they got wrong.

Still has my father in law used to say when the clocks changed and I wanted to correct them. “ Leave them as they are, they will be correct in 6 months”

Frank

Posted : 01/11/2021 10:32 pm
neil1974
(@neil1974)
Honorable Member Registered

Its back to normal now 😀 .

Cheers

Neil.

Posted : 03/11/2021 9:23 am
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

Posted by: @neil1974

Its back to normal now 😀 .

It is.  There was a software update between 02:10 and 02:15 this morning. Ironically, that's about the time it should have updated on Sunday morning.

Some people, myself included, may have noticed a "ghost" programme entry in their programme planner. it seems to be dependent upon whether the box was receiving a planned programme at the time of the update. Mine was as it happens - "The Omega Factor" on Forces TV.  Simply disconnecting the mains for a minute, and powering up again, seems to rectify that little glitch.

I have noticed a significant lag in the box's response to remote control inputs, and it has an awkward 'clunkiness' about it which is infuriating as it often leads to an annoying overshoot as I press again in the misguided belief that I didn't press hard/long enough in the first place.

But hey, it's better than it was!

Posted : 04/11/2021 7:58 pm
Share: