Croc clips

5 Posts
4 Users
12 Likes
mfd70
(@mfd70)
Honorable Member Registered
Topic starter

I'm always looking for croc clips for ad hoc test leads and battery lash ups etc., well today the old joke of going to lidl and coming out with a loaf of bread and a mig welder almost came true. There were boxes of 80 croc clips for £3.99, part insulated in red and black, screw, solder or 4mm socket fitting.

I may never be short of a croc clip again.

Posted : 17/10/2020 8:23 pm
turretslug
(@turretslug)

Lol, I bought one of those boxes last time they came round in Lidl- I would have been happy for them to be sold in a bag of say 20- 80 of the things seems like an infestation! In fact I'd thought of passing half of them on as giveaway pairs (or maybe a few coppers in the museum funds kitty) next time there was a vintage event on but someone at a Chinese live meat market put the mockers on that one....

Posted : 17/10/2020 9:13 pm
Pye Man
(@pye-man)

I went into Aldi for a loaf and came out with a five-speed pillar drill.

Never seen croc clips in there, though.

Nick

Posted : 03/11/2020 3:27 pm
ntscuser, Katie Bush, ntscuser and 3 people reacted
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered

Last time I went into Aldi (some years back, now) I came out with 12 tins of cat food, which is what I went in for!

I never seemed to be able to get there while they had anything usefully interesting.

Posted : 03/11/2020 5:45 pm
Pye Man
(@pye-man)

There's a Lidl and Aldi locally but I feel the produce in Aldi is better quality – at least when it comes to the things I want – and their bread suits me better than I can get anywhere else.

Went in another time for grocery and came out with a huge set of metric combination spanners. Most useful as I'd finally got a car that I could work on that wasn't UNF/UNC. I've never seen a set that size since but there have been smaller collections.

I've had all sorts over the years: Li-ion drill, wall sander, paint spray attachments, LED torches, safety boots, walking boots. I scooped up several battery chargers for a friend that has a car storage business. One summer I saw some bee and insect houses and kept them for Christmas presents for friends into wildlife (I kept one for me, too).

Last shop – I'm down to once a fortnight mainly because I can't be doing with the hassle – they'd got some warm lined work shirts. I fished out the only two XL that were left!

I receive the 'Special buy' mailer these days so that helps.

Nick

Posted : 03/11/2020 7:48 pm
Share: