Unusual test thingy... Minolta TV-color analyser II TV-2140

25 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered

nuvistor said

The Philips G6 Dual standard CTV changed the greyscale to a much more blue shade on 405, not sure if it also did this on BW 625 signals. They were trying to match BW set pictures, it reverted back to Illuminant D on colour signals.

It was effective on both standards. If you 'toggled' the colour 'ON/OFF' switch on the front panel, you could hear (and see) the monochrome white balance relay clicking. I remember trying to be something of a clever-dylis in a bid to impress my granddad by getting one to work again, and ended up accidentally necking the the CRT as I twiddled the white balance pots on the CRT base.

Let's just say that the air turned blue - even if the picture didn't!frightbang_gifenraged_gif

Posted : 01/05/2017 9:56 pm
PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed Member Registered

Katie_Bush said

ended up accidentally necking the the CRT as I twiddled the white balance pots on the CRT base.

Than must have taken some doing ! doh_gif

To understand the black art of electronics is to understand witchcraft. Andrew.

Posted : 01/05/2017 10:01 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

Katie_Bush said

Let's just say that the air turned blue - even if the picture didn't!frightbang_gifenraged_gif

A disaster at the time but hopefully it now can bring a smile and happy memories of time with your granddad.

Frank

Posted : 01/05/2017 10:02 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered

PYE625 said

Katie_Bush said

ended up accidentally necking the the CRT as I twiddled the white balance pots on the CRT base.

Than must have taken some doing ! doh_gif  

Ironically, no it didn't. The CRT was a regunned jobbie and the glass broke very easily and very neatly - just as if it had been sliced of with a razor sharp knife...... I'll admit to applying a little 'lateral pressure' as I tweaked the pots, but not enough to break a neck under normal circumstances.frown

Posted : 01/05/2017 11:06 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered

nuvistor said

Katie_Bush said

A disaster at the time but hopefully it now can bring a smile and happy memories of time with your granddad.  

It does indeed, Frank, it does indeed - let's just say it was a memorable occasion, even if for all the wrong reasons.embarassed

Posted : 01/05/2017 11:08 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: