Share:
Notifications
Clear all

A legend in motor vehicle restoration has joined us...

Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

I noticed earlier that the legend that is Pete C has joined us!

For those of you unaware, his epic restorations of Mk. III Cortinas (all on YouTube) are simply on another level.

Welcome aboard, Pete!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/02/2021 8:01 pm
Alex728 and helloekco liked
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Indeed, my draw dropped when Pete commented on one of my Live stream videos. Pete is embarking on restoring some old Krypton Tuning gear and was seeking some advice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2021 8:05 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

@crustytv

Ah, I did wonder why he'd joined! A mate of mine is trying to get an old valve-based Sun ignition analyser to work; whether he has or not, I know not.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/02/2021 8:07 pm
crustytv liked
helloekco
(@helloekco)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

I can't believe the diverse interests I seem to have in common with others on these forums... I too am a classic Ford enthusiast, my first car was a mk2 Cortina! (In the 90s, when they were already old and rare.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2021 1:04 pm
RichardFromMarple
(@richardfrommarple)

I'm also interested in old cars: https://www.flickr.com/photos/richard16378/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2021 3:39 pm
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Hi everyone, I have enjoyed watching Pete's restoration of has MK3 cortina's. I have learned a lot from his video's as I'm restoration my own mk3 cortina. I'm looking forward to his restoration of his crypton machines.

IMG 20200716 161251

Here's my "Tina"

Regards Gary.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2021 4:42 pm
Lloyd
(@lloyd)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

I'm not old enough to remember Cortina's, but I do remember those Siera's! My Dad used to have one, it was a company car, he always had them until the Mondeo's came about.

Regards,

lloyd

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2021 2:49 pm
peterscott
(@peterscott)
Prominent V-Ratter Registered
Posted by: @cathovisor

Ah, I did wonder why he'd joined! A mate of mine is trying to get an old valve-based Sun ignition analyser to work; whether he has or not, I know not.

I seem to remember that ukdave2002 on the oldclassiccar forum had some experience and knowledge of Sun analysers. Viewing profile (oldclassiccar.co.uk)

Peter

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2021 9:50 am
helloekco
(@helloekco)

@colourmaster That's a beauty! I love the early ones with the clear indicators. Is that Olympic Blue? Don't remember ever seeing a Cortina in that colour.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2021 10:35 pm