Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Member Hello from Oxfordshire

ChasL001
(@chasl001)
New V-Ratter Registered

Hello from me, Chas Large. 

I retired five years ago but still keep my hand in with local fixes of "stuff". A long career from Installation Assistant (Van Boy) with Radio Rentals, through to Training Officer for Mastercare and SHARP. Transitioning from Valves through chips and ending with board replacements. 

I love to tinker and revisiting the "Good old days" fixing stuff I last saw on the bench as a teenager. 

Hope to keep going as long as I can. Thanks for letting me join.

Chas. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/01/2022 7:19 am
Alex728, Red_to_Black, WayneD and 3 people liked
Topic Tags
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Chas,

A very warm welcome to you, and very pleased you decided to join our happy band of tinkerers. Plenty of ex trade folk here, so you'll find many a kindred spirit. I've been bingeing on some of your videos over the past couple of days. You have a very relaxing style, keep up the great work.

Warm Regards

Chris

Edit:

Thanks for submitting your trade tale, it is now published. 👍 

p.s.
If you've not looked at the main website yet, you may not have discovered the Brochure section, among many other interesting things to distract you.

As you worked for Radio Rentals, these might be of interest

https://www.radios-tv.co.uk/radio-rentals/

https://www.radios-tv.co.uk/baird/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2022 8:50 am
Lloyd
(@lloyd)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

Welcome aboard Chas!

Regards 

Lloyd 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2022 7:47 pm
WayneD
(@wayned)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

Hi Chas!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2022 10:13 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

Hi and welcome Chas. Wonder if you were at Sharp during the LCD era, I attended a course in Manchester on the P50 models with the 576p display. Think Sharp was the only manufacturers that would supply parts for LCD panels rather than swapping out the whole unit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2022 10:51 pm
ChasL001
(@chasl001)
New V-Ratter Registered

@lloyd Hi Lloyd, thanks for the welcome.

@wayned Hi Wayne. 🙂

@jayceebee Hi Jayceebee, no I was there in the late 80s, based in London showroom and training out of the old Southall HQ. TVs were still CRTs when I was there, LCDs were in the very near future. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/01/2022 7:18 am