Composer of the Month: Wolf Ferrari.

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

Wolf Ferrari wrote the opera " Susanna's Secret"   What was Susanna's secret? 

Till Eulenspiegel.

Posted : 01/11/2017 12:16 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

I thought this rang a bell, you posted this exact same thread and question over in the VRAT forum lounge in Oct 2013. As I'm the only one with access to the VRAT lounge, I'll refrain from answering but google will return the answer to anyone interested in cheating wink grin_gif

p.s.

The winner last time with the correct answer was Gary, so he's exempt from playing too.

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 01/11/2017 1:18 pm
occiput
(@occiput)
Estimable Member Registered

Susanna smoked, I believe.

As an aside, there's an Ekco advert from the mid-thirties, I think for one of the round sets, which features a woman in evening dress smoking a cigarette.  I've always wondered about the extent to which this might have been an ad-agency own goal: I remember one of my grandmothers telling me that the middle-class in the thirties regarded women who smoked as either unspeakably "common" or more than somewhat "fast".

Posted : 01/11/2017 1:50 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

That's right Susanna smoked cigarettes.  Very vulgar.  Surprising how many young people still smoke, the health hazards are well known now.

The other well known composition by Emanno Wolf Ferrari is the "Jewels of the Madonna"

The most familiar tune comes in a 9:40.

Till Eulenspiegel.

Posted : 01/11/2017 4:28 pm
Share: