Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Radio All dry Bush Battery Radio Project.

Page 2 / 2

Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

I know I'd love to find an example and yes, I'll bet it was a splendid performer. I have two of the mains version, the EU15.

I have a brochure for something much later - the BE75, which looks like the EBS64. Sadly, that brochure doesn't tell you the valves used.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 6:27 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

To improve performance I've decided to use a different set of valves. The frequency changer will be a DK40. The IF amplifier a DF91. The second detector and audio amplifier will be a DAF91. Like the DK40 the output valve will be another special valve developed by Philips for high performance battery radios, the DL41.

Till Eulenspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/05/2021 10:24 am
Nuvistor liked
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

The completed radio chassis.

115307[1]

The circuit is a Philips design to exploit the D40 series battery valves. Thanks to the superior performance of the DK40 frequency changer valve reception is excellent on all three wavebands.

Bush BA92 cct

The objective of this project was to create a dry battery version of the Bush BA91 which can house the batteries inside the cabinet.

Bush BA92 13

Till Eulenspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/06/2021 12:21 pm
Nuvistor, Alex728, PYE625 and 1 people liked
Bobhowe
(@bobhowe)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

Hi i went to Davids shop yesterday and results are excellent the radio is performing very good and it is working with out the aerial plugged in kind regards Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2021 6:31 pm
Bobhowe
(@bobhowe)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

Hi i went to Davids shop yesterday and results are excellent the radio is performing very good and it is working with out the aerial plugged in kind regards Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2021 8:27 pm
Page 2 / 2