Notifications
Clear all

Question McMichael TT4

Georg296
(@georg296)
Member Deactivated Account
My mum recently passed away and as we were sorting out the house she had a McMichael TT4 in one of the bedrooms and were not sure quite what to do with it!!

It seems to be in good condition (bar 1 volume tuner missing), and didnt know if there was a market, or a collectable or its value (if any) or who would be interested in it. Could anyone help?
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/03/2021 1:21 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi sorry for your recent loss.

The radio dates from 1954 and all the info you require can be found here https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/mcmichael_tt4tt_4.html

As for its worth? It's difficult to say as one man's rubbish is anothers treasure, but I would estimate anywhere between £30 £80. Somewhere in the middle is likely, it's hardly a pretty set, someone will have to be a collector of McMichael to be drawn to it. It does not contain any rare valves. The reality is its only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it no more, no less. If it holds no sentimental value to you then the best place is to stick it on e-bay, there it will naturally find its true value/worth.

mctt4
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2021 1:50 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered
Posted by: @georg296
My mum recently passed away and as we were sorting out the house she had a McMichael TT4 in one of the bedrooms and were not sure quite what to do with it!!

It seems to be in good condition (bar 1 volume tuner missing), and didnt know if there was a market, or a collectable or its value (if any) or who would be interested in it. Could anyone help?

I might be interested in it, if you're not too far away - I've long had a fascination with the "Television Table".

What county are you in? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2021 11:42 pm
Georg296
(@georg296)

@crustytv Thank you

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/03/2021 10:17 am
Georg296
(@georg296)

@cathovisor Its in Wiltshire, though I am in Hants and my sister is in Cheshire - if that helps

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/03/2021 10:18 am
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

Well, I have friends in Wiltshire. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 1:19 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

I've given @georg296 early access to the private messaging system. 👍 You both may now wish to take this up off-line privately in the messaging system

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 1:24 pm