Notifications
Clear all

Philips L3G23T

FIXITNOW2003
(@fixitnow2003)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

Picked this up at a local auction was waiting for another item but as no one wanted this I thought I better save it as it was only £1.
It was in fair condition but needed a good clean.
A fresh set of PP7’s got some life but she was a little intermittent,
Removing the boards and attending to the various dry joints seems to have sorted that

All in all not a bad little set.
But sadly missing one knob and I do not seem to have anything suitable in my meagre collection off odd one.
Could someone that has this set do me a picture of the knob and let me know what size it is so I can keep a lookout at radio rallies etc
The one knob that is still there is white with brass insert
Cheers
Vince

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/07/2013 9:49 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

same as the other one but a little larger by the looks of Howard's photo, why not drop him a pm he is a member here. Click on his name in this post then click pm :aad

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2013 9:53 am
Anonymous
(@anonymous)
Group Deactivated Account

I fixed up one of these just recently. My one had the tuning knob but was missing the volume knob.
I managed to find a similar knob which had a silver bright with the pointed dome sticking out. I prised it off and painted the underside a sort of gold colour. Not too bad a match, well at least it was better than no knob.
I am sorry I cant measure the tuning knob as I dont have the radio any more.
Mike

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2013 10:43 pm
FIXITNOW2003
(@fixitnow2003)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

went to Kings Lynn radio rally this weekend managed to find similar knob which also had a silver bright so will have to see if i can find a suitable bit of brass if not will paint it
all the best vince
also a Bush TR132 for my next project

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/08/2013 9:22 am