Share:
Notifications
Clear all

For Free--Nearly!  

Page 1 / 2

Alastair
(@alastair)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Ive still got a couple of early sets as below which I really would like to see appreciated for what they are.....

Philips G11 22" Complete, but grubby teak cabinet. (Marion wanted this, but we couldn't arrange transport from Swansea--Anyone coming this way??)

Bow Fronted 17?" GEC Mono 405 line table model in good condition complete, untouched, slight damage to veneer on front.

Sony TV 9-90, dual-standard does appear to work, good strong raster anyway, tuning knob damaged and as I recall one other knob missing, complete with clip-on screen protector cover.

BRC 12" 405 line valve portable damaged plastic cabinet at rear otherwise seems complete

Thorn 1500 single-std. 20" (G-Marconi variant) plastic cabinet undamaged save some scuffing to wood effect at rear corners. Complete but needs PL504 (cracked), will try finding replacement, and try it out.

£5.00 each as contribution to the Recycling-Shop in whose yard I have a shipping-container and run my flat-screen TV Repair business out of...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/09/2016 7:59 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

Hi Alastair,

I'd be interested in that TV9-90 - the transport is the issue though...?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2016 8:22 pm
Alastair
(@alastair)

Aye--Thats the problem living down this way, most interested parties are 'up-country' from me!

Maybe if we can find takers for the lot someone could come down this way and collect/distribute to those who want them...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/09/2016 9:01 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

Indeed I did, and still would, like the G11, however transport is still the obstacle to this one.cry

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2016 9:17 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)

Well... it's a four hour drive from Cathovisor Towers to Swansea.

If all the stuff was wanted, I'd consider hiring a van (although actually, it might all just fit in the Panzer) and collecting it all for onward distribution...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2016 9:51 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

Hi Alastair, I'm interested in the 12" BRC portable and the 1500 if you can wait until early to mid October for collection when I'm hoping to get some time off work. I would also be willing to transport Marions G11.

Catho, would it be any help to bring the Sony Northbound to Marc or Marion possibly?

John.

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2016 11:24 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

That would certainly work for me.grin_gif

I might suggest though, if you're heading back to Glenrothes, it's going to be a long day for you as it is, and a detour over here will certainly add some to your already arduous journey.. If Marc is willing, there's the better place to drop it off, where either, I could go and get it, or Marc could drop it off here on a future visit, but better still, Marc's is a far better place to drop off anything for Mike (Catho).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2016 11:33 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

Hi Marion, Glenrothes is a temporary location as was Dublin last week. In my job I'm known as the Martini engineer, anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

Drop off with Marc would be a doddle on the way back to Durham.

John.

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2016 11:44 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Hi Alastair & John.

Alistair could I take the GEC from you (if John can get it in his car)

John, no problem dropping said items here for onward movement to Marion and Catho. thumb_gif

Marc.

Marc
BVWS member
RSGB call sign 2E0VTN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2016 11:54 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)

John, that sounds brilliant to me!

Thanks very much for this, it's greatly appreciated. thumb_gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2016 12:22 am
Alastair
(@alastair)

Ah--Wow, This is great! A plan is coming together! Yes--I can hang onto them no problem, I sorted some space and stashed the 1500 behind the GEC, so they are not in the way now.

Let me know and I can get them cleaned up and all ready for shipment as it were!

--I gave the 1500 a light cleaning this-morning before taking it off the bench, The cabinet is surprisingly good, only where fingers have regularly been on the side during act of channel-change is it rather discoloured...

I also have a Ferrograph R-R tape-recorder, but pinched the valves outta it, otherwise looks complete-- Any takers? I was going to scrap it for parts, but if anyone wants it.....

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/09/2016 9:26 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

That's great Alastair, I'll PM you as soon as I have some dates and arrange collection.

Cheers.

John.

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 10:23 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

Hi Alastair,

Don't forget to PM us your payment details - assuming PayPal? - Or preferred payment method.

Marion

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 10:31 pm
Alastair
(@alastair)

Jayceebee said
That's great Alastair, I'll PM you as soon as I have some dates and arrange collection.

Cheers.

John.

This is a bit of a big ask....

But!--Mike in Manchester has a small 12" colour portable I would like, I wonder if its possible to collect this on the way--or arrange something along those lines to get it down at the same time?

If its a problem, I'll try sort it some other way....

Marion--

Dont worry about the payment--its only a fiver,-- we'll sort it when you get the sets--You've waited so long for it!...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/09/2016 7:17 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

Hi Alastair, sorry but I've only just seen this. It would be no trouble to collect this for you. It's short notice but I have this weekend off work, would Saturday possible for yourself and Mike?

I've sent a PM with my details.

John.

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2016 10:39 pm
Alastair
(@alastair)

Ah--Oh dear!

Only just seen this myself tbh, I had your PM, but it only had your contact details on it....

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/10/2016 10:05 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

Hi Alastair, You have another PM.

John.

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2016 10:54 pm
Alastair
(@alastair)

Good news-- John, jayceebee, will be coming down this way around the 27th so the sets will be on their way to you guys....

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/10/2016 10:02 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Alastair said
Good news-- John, jayceebee, will be coming down this way around the 27th so the sets will be on their way to you guys....

And John's midnight feast (well at the very least a cuppa) when he gets to Wakefield is already sorted ! wink

Marc.

Marc
BVWS member
RSGB call sign 2E0VTN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2016 10:11 pm
Alastair
(@alastair)

Kettle On Standby....!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/10/2016 10:38 pm