Share:
Notifications
Clear all

RBM A823AV (marked CO-OP) and a GEC2110 complete both 19"  

Alastair
(@alastair)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

As above, I saved these two from destruction, both look to be complete but in dirty and a little shabby condition, plastic cabinet is not cracked on the GEC, CRT's in both not great condition emission wise.

FOC Collection from Swansea.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2020 12:53 am
The_Teleman
(@the_teleman)
Active V-Ratter Registered

Hi , I’m very interested in your TVs , especially the GEC as this is my field of collecting

please put my name down for at least the GEC

Thanks

Chris

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2020 8:13 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

Hi Alastair, a very kind offer and I would like to express an interest in the A823AV but would not be able to collect until the end of the month. Please put my name in the hat if there is one.

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2020 9:18 pm
Alastair
(@alastair)

Well great! Teleman the GEC is yours, but I know from your PM  you were interested in the A823 as well.

Jayceebee would like the A823, so what do you guys reckon, one each?

If either of you know of one of those Teleton 12" colour valve/hybrid portables no longer needed let me know.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2020 12:22 am
The_Teleman
(@the_teleman)

@alastair

Thats brilliant Alastair

John ( jayceebee ) messaged me last night to say he was interested in the RBM and said if we are both successful he would collect the GEC for me at the same time .

I’ve been after one of those for ages it will go well with my hybrid sets

if I come across a teleton I’ll let you know but I must admit I haven’t seen one for years but you never know what turns up

thanks again

chris

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 10:40 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Posted by: @alastair

If either of you know of one of those Teleton 12" colour valve/hybrid portables no longer needed let me know.

Curious to know what happened to the one you already had that was given to you by Mikey, delivered by Jayceebee and data supplied by myself?

https://www.radios-tv.co.uk/community/colour-television/anyone-got-a-schematic-for-a-teleton-12-vx1110/

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogsCrustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribingVrat FaceBook: Follow us

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 10:46 am
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

Thanks Alastair, I certainly woul like the RBM. Are you happy to hold them for the last week in the month as I won't be able to collect until then?

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 11:52 am
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)

... too slow as usual...

If the GEC falls through, let me know !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 2:21 pm
neil1974
(@neil1974)
Honorable V-Ratter Registered

An A823AV would be a 20" set surely?. and if its any consolation I have a 20"CO-OP badged A823AV that was working ok that someone might be interested in. although I would like £20 for it if anyone's interested.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 6:25 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Late 1972 the first C2110 was delivered by GEC radio and Television Ltd to my shop.  It and the 22" C2111 was a best seller through 1973.

My only complaint was that the wood grain effect on he plastic cabinet would wear away quickly.  Otherwise a very reliable set.  Early sets had problems with the flyback tuning capacitor.  The GEC service department supplied a complete assembly with a capacitor and BU108 transistor.  Still have few spare parts for the C2110.

Till Eulenspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 7:53 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Posted by: @neil1974

An A823AV would be a 20" set surely?. and if its any consolation I have a 20"CO-OP badged A823AV that was working ok that someone might be interested in. although I would like £20 for it if anyone's interested.

Rank-Bush-Murphy did make a 19" model using the A823A chassis.   Can't remember the model(s) type but I do remember it had a push-through CRT presentation.

Till Eulenspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 7:57 pm
crustytv liked
Alastair
(@alastair)

You know, It could be a 20", I know it's not a 22", just assumed a 19" as that's the most common sets other than 22" I saw with delta round these parts in the day.

Yes, I did indeed have a Teleton from the Forum which has worked fairly well until recently, (although its showing its age, CRT red is rather low) It has no colour.

Well, not strictly true, has colour (most of the time) on a colour bar gen, but not on any other source, the colour-killer has been removed to no effect.

I thought if someone had one that didn't want any more, I could compare things, as I'm not getting very far at the moment.

Yes sure, I can hold the sets till the end of the month so as it stands, the GEC is for Chris, Teleman, and the RBM for John, Jayceebee.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2020 11:41 pm
The_Teleman
(@the_teleman)

@alastair

many Thanks

looking forward to getting the GEC

very much appreciated

chris

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2020 4:19 am
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Posted by: @till
Posted by: @neil1974

Rank-Bush-Murphy did make a 19" model using the A823A chassis.   Can't remember the model(s) type but I do remember it had a push-through CRT presentation.

Till Eulenspiegel.

The 19” Murphy CV1911 was sold in small numbers until they appeared later with a 20” CRT as the CV2011 and identical styling, they were extremely popular but I’ve never seen any on the usual places. I’m not sure if there was a 19” version of the Bush CTV1120, CTV1119 doesn’t ring any bells.

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2020 3:47 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

@alastair I will PM when I know when I can make the journey and thanks for the kind offer of the RBM ?

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2020 4:02 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)

There was a 19" A823 set which was marketed as an Alba. Can't remember the exact model type but might have been something like TC1919. Apart from cabinet presentation it was identical to the CTV182. I rented out only one example of this set and all the other A823 models were Bush or Murphy. The CV2011 was very popular, strangely it wasn't so with the Bush version.

Till Eulenspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2020 5:33 pm
Alastair
(@alastair)

I should look closer at the FRONT of these sets I got, the RBM says, 20 colour right at the top above the controls.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/02/2020 12:08 am
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

That’s good news?, I prefer the look of square push through CRTs. Not a fan of 19 & 25 unless they have a mask.

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/02/2020 12:52 pm
The_Teleman
(@the_teleman)

I would just like to say a big THANK YOU

firstly to Alastair for the very kind gift of the GEC  C2110 it is very much appreciated

secondly to Jayceebee for collecting it and delivering it all the way from sunny Wales

you guys are stars ⭐️

Regards

Chris

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 3:59 pm
Jayceebee liked
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

And I must also say many thanks to Alastair and Neil1974 for the two RBMs, nice to see you again Alastair and to meet you Neil. But, I have to apologise to Chris, crustytv. I had expressed an interest in two 22" Thorn sets which I made after agreeing the collection of the RBMs but have now had to decline due to lack of space. Hopefully I will have some temporary storage in place soon so I can clear out my old dilapidated tiny shed and make a start on a proper workshop, I'd hate to miss out on the 9800.

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 7:50 pm