Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wanted - Component Drawers with Components!  

PaulGoggo1
(@paulgoggo1)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

Hello,

I am just completing a new repair workshop build and it is bereft of components! Does anyone one have some component drawers for sale with components?

all costs met.

Many Thanks

Paul G

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2019 9:31 pm
MurphyV310
(@murphyv310)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Hi.

What exactly are you needing component wise?

Cheers Trevor
Radiomuseum Member. Collection HERE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2019 9:32 pm
PaulGoggo1
(@paulgoggo1)

@murphyv310

Hello Trevor

apologies I should have made myself a lot clearer.

A selection of Resistors with various power ratings and values, the same goes for the capacitors.

Basically components suitable for the repair/ restoration of the TV sets we work with on this forum. I used to have quite a bit many years ago, but with lots of changes going on over the years, these were lost. So now with a new workshop been built, I need to re equip it. I have the test gear etc, but not many actual components suitable for this work.

I could go an buy some new, but some items are not available this way.

Best Regards

Paul

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2019 10:42 am
PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Hi Paul,

It is possible to obtain vintage components from time to time, but the thing to bear in mind is that any vintage capacitor, even if unused, is likely to be as leaky as the one you are replacing. Resistors are generally ok, but may have drifted in value. Electrolytic capacitors can be ok if you reform them first, but again tread with caution.

In other words, you cannot assume a new old stock item is useable.

There are of course exceptions, for instance Mullard mustard-colour capacitors which are very good.

To understand the black art of electronics is to understand witchcraft.
Andrew.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2019 7:35 pm
MurphyV310
(@murphyv310)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Andrew is of course correct. Although I've many caps that are NOS I'd not consider selling them but conversely I've large stocks of modern caps, resistors, tag strips, chokes, transistors and other components including well over 1500 valves in boxes. I may even be able to obtain spares for you in carousels. Being fair though these items will be sold for a respectable price. All items are good quality so no give away prices.

Cheers Trevor
Radiomuseum Member. Collection HERE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2019 10:00 pm
PaulGoggo1
(@paulgoggo1)

@murphyv310

Hello Trevor

Many thanks for your reply.  I will certainly bear your kind offer in mind and get back to you with my requirements.

My TV workshop is just about ready (after several delays!). Some sets are already in there waiting patiently for attention.

Just a couple of shelves to complete the work and hopefully the workshop will be up and running.

Best Regards

Paul

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/01/2020 11:14 pm
PaulGoggo1
(@paulgoggo1)

@pye625

Hi Andrew

Thank you for your advice, yes I am aware that capacitors in particular (even NOS) as you mention, cannot be relied upon, so I will indeed tread carefully in this respect.

I hope to have the TV workshop operational very soon. There are sets already in waiting! Just a couple of extra shelves to install and hopefully will be up and running shortly.

Best Regards

Paul

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/01/2020 11:18 pm
PYE625 liked
Terry
(@terrykc)
Famed V-Ratter Rest in Peace

Does anyone one have some component drawers ...?

Paul, you might find this post of use:

https://www.radios-tv.co.uk/community/components/valve-boxes-for-component-storage/

Pamphonica used to sell valve boxes on here. I don't know if he still does.

When all else fails, read the instructions

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2020 5:04 pm