1979 Salora 1F serv...

Notifications
Clear all

Service Data 1979 Salora 1F service manual

crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

As usual, I'm looking for a hen's teeth in a haystack.

This is pretty much a fruitless ask, but it's worth posting just in case, at least google will index this thread and who knows who might stumble upon it in due course.

I need the service manual for the Salora 1F chassis, the one I did find and buy on e-bay, was subsequently lost by our marvellous Royal Mail, they equally showed no concern in trying to find it.

The chassis is very similar to the 1C chassis, the "F" has a 4 Thyristor, line output stage. It is nothing like the other chassis' that came after "F" as they used IPSALO1/2.

https://www.radios-tv.co.uk/community/colour-television/continental-ctv-22-salora-1f4k/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/07/2021 8:29 am
Topic Tags
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

Sorry can't help here,

I was mainly involved with the J chassis (IPSALO 2) onwards, had a fair bit to do with the J, K, L chassis and more so with the digital M chassis, did not see many N chassis versions for some reason but did have quite a bit to do after the Nokia transition to the Euro Mono/Stereo later versions.

Of course we had quite a bit to do with the older ITT chassis, Monoprint, CVC 1100 series, CVC 1200 series and of course not forgetting ( how could we ?) Digivision sets.

Anything on Elektrotanya ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2021 12:39 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Posted by: @red_to_black

Anything on Elektrotanya ?

Hi Baz, afraid not, I've looked everywhere including Electrotanya, there is just tumbleweed, nothing!

I had hoped maybe the earlier 7os 1C chassis might be possible to source, but that is equally non-existent. The 1F series only lasted two years before IPSALO replaced it.

Absolutely gutted RM managed to lose the one I managed to purchase, bunch of...... (family forum) 🤬 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/07/2021 1:46 pm
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)

Has anyone asked over on the UKVRR forum for you yet?

There are members on there that will more than likely have been Salora dealers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2021 12:56 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Has anyone asked over on the UKVRR forum for you yet?

Yes John kindly tried, but zero luck there as well. 😥 

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=179340

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/07/2021 1:08 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

I have bumped it once, I’ll try again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2021 1:10 pm
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)

Ah ok, I just did not want to do it off of my own back is all without checking first.

Nick Beer along with Ian Bowden were definitely heavily involved with Salora, maybe worth a Pm?

I have dealt with Nick a few times years ago but doubt if he would recall it, as I must have been only just one of many that took up his valuable time!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2021 1:17 pm
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)

There should be a bit of write up on the F chassis by Nick Beer in the August 1989 TV mag, unfortunately you would need the physical magazine, as the world history site has duplicated the September issue also in the August heading on their site so not available from there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 2:33 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

There should be a bit of write up on the F chassis by Nick Beer in the August 1989 TV mag

Hi Baz, if you'd followed the link in the first post of this thread, it takes you to my Salora TV thread, there you would have spotted my third post, I have those magazines. Nothing is as good as the manufacturer's, hence my search.

Also, the trouble with the articles had you delved deeper, they mainly cover IPSALO1 & IPSALO2 with only a scant reference to the 4X Thyristor of the F chassis with some stock faults. No circuits, so not much use I'm afraid.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/07/2021 2:38 pm
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)

Hi Chris, I hadn't seen the part in the other thread (I have now 👍 ), I haven't actually got access to that article because as said world history site has duplicated part 2 the September issue so wasn't sure what it contained, it was just I was having a scout round to see if I could dig anything up on that chassis at all that might have been useful.

I don't think I have actually come across one of those sets in the flesh, it has me a bit intrigued 😊 .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 5:31 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Baz, believe me I've searched high and low on the web for circuit data, there is nothing for the 1F nor the 1C. Which makes the fact I had bought the 1F manual only for RM to lose it, all the more galling.

All I did find was the "Obsolete Telly Museum" however, if you've ever come across that blog before you will know it just kills your brain stone-cold dead, well it does mine. No doubt a very clever chap  but there's no actual circuit data, just endless numbing descriptions with component block diagrams for IC's used etc.

http://obsoletetellyemuseum.blogspot.com/2012/05/salora-1f6c-chassis-1f-internal-view.html

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/07/2021 6:34 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

@crustytv 

As a complete aside, the drawings that show circuits using the TBA810S as an audio amplifier look like they were taken straight from a PW mag - I am sure I recognise the heatsink sketch, because I remember building one as a teenager!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 7:36 pm
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)

@crustytv

Re:

http://obsoletetellyemuseum.blogspot.com/2012/05/salora-1f6c-chassis-1f-internal-view.html

I am fairly sure they "borrowed" sections of my words from this very website 😎 , from the several paragraphs on Thomson technology (ICC/IKC2 etc.) I read on their site. I actually wrote them in several posts on here originally quite a while back (and nowhere else I might add), I was flattered to be honest, it was strange reading my very words on a completely different site, not miffed at all btw, maybe I got something right after all 😎 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/07/2021 8:34 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Bumping this request.

I've also added many more photos to help folk recognise it. Maybe some of the European chaps on UKVRRR might shed some light on it via joint members for there and here.

https://www.radios-tv.co.uk/22-salora-1f4k/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/09/2021 6:36 pm
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)

1F6 circuit diagram on this thread here: Salora 1F6 Circuit Diagram - UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (vintage-radio.net)

Better than nothing, I know John (Jayceebee) had messaged the provider of this (Chris Williams) in the wanted section over there, but as CW has posted the above in a different section John may miss it,.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2021 8:50 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

Does look as though it may be very close to Chris's set. Certainly has the four thyristors he describes, a rather complex beast.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2021 9:47 pm
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)

Hi John, I knew you were already doing all the leg work on this, for some reason CW posted the diagram in a completely different place ??? I wasn't sure if you would have seen it, CW seems a decent guy. 👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2021 9:51 pm