Service Data [Closed] AKAI AA8080 stereo receiver

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
rbmt20a
(@rbmt20a)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter

I am looking for service information for a 1973 Akai AA 8080 stereo receiver. 

Thanks.

Posted : 12/04/2022 1:22 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

The full service manual for the above, is now in the data library. You will find it in the "Amplifiers Tuners Hi-Fi" section

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 12/04/2022 2:42 pm
rbmt20a
(@rbmt20a)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter

@crustytv   Many thanks Chris. Really appreciate your assistance.

Oliver.

Posted : 12/04/2022 6:38 pm
Jamie
(@jskinner97)
Prominent Member Registered

@rbmt20a Hi, how're you getting on with this? Be nice to see what repair you're carrying out, useful for anyone else who has a fault with this tuner in the future!

Cheers
Jamie 

Posted : 23/04/2022 8:30 pm
rbmt20a
(@rbmt20a)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter

@jskinner97 I`m afraid there is not much information I can give about this repair. The receiver/amplifier was given to the present owner approximately two months previous in working order despite it`s age. The complaint now was no output from any source. Although the owner had headphones, they were of the wireless type, requiring a phono jack input at the transmitter unit, so he was unable to confirm an output from the headphone socket.

Not having any experience of the equipment I thought it prudent to obtain service information before attempting any repair. The service manual was kindly made available by Chris via the forum. When the unit arrived (without speakers) I connected my headphones and found all sources ie, tuner, aux input and phono input could be heard. So I asked the owner to drop off the speakers. Once the speakers were connected it was obvious where the problem lay. The speaker selection switch on the front was in the wrong position.

While on test the left channel would cut out intermittently. Again a straight forward fix. Poor soldered connections in the speaker plug to the unit, in this case a 6.35mm jack plug. An internal inspection did not reveal any potential problems.

Posted : 25/04/2022 8:05 pm
Share: