[Closed] Free R1155 sheet

14 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Boater Sam
(@boater-sam)
Honorable Member Registered
Topic starter

I have an old A2 or maybe Crown size circuit diagram for R1188, R1188A & R1188B. R1155/A/B
Published by The Clydesdale Radio Supply Co. Ltd.
Not in pristine condition but all still legible including the resistor and capacitor lists.
Sent free to anyone who could make good use of it, I'll run a hat if need be.

Sorry, I have no ability to copy.

Sam

Boater Sam

Posted : 24/07/2018 12:25 pm
mendipviews
(@mendipviews)
Estimable Member Registered

Hi Sam, I would be interested in the Circuit Diagram if its still available. I should be able to copy it for anyone who wants a copy

Many Thanks

Luke

Posted : 25/07/2018 10:09 am
Boater Sam
(@boater-sam)
Topic starter

Hi Luke. A hat is running, you may be able to help the others get a copy if you would be willing to copy and distribute?

Sam.

Boater Sam

Posted : 25/07/2018 10:30 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

If Luke scans it, I'm happy to help get a copy to other interested parties, I can host a permanent, free-to-all "digital download" via my server.

It would be made available via the current free data menu up top under "Service". The sheet would reside under sub section "Radio service".  As I say It would be totally independent, no membership required, anyone could simply click to download. 

One caveat and this is meant with good intent, the scans would have to be of decent quality as there is no point hosting fuzzy, poor quality scanned material.

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 25/07/2018 11:53 am
Boater Sam
(@boater-sam)
Topic starter

Good offer Chris, I have the offer running on 3 forums now.

Luke offers to copy, I don't know if that is a scan or just a big copier.

I could cut it up and scan it as A4 sheets if that would do.

Sam.

Boater Sam

Posted : 25/07/2018 12:03 pm
mendipviews
(@mendipviews)

I should be able to get it copied at a local printers as they can copy A2, I do believe they can save a digital copy so can get it sent to Chris for hosting or sent out if people require

Luke

Posted : 25/07/2018 3:34 pm
mendipviews
(@mendipviews)

Posted by: mendipviews

I should be able to get it copied at a local printers as they can copy A2, I do believe they can save a digital copy so can get it sent to Chris for hosting or sent out if people require

Luke

Just checked yes they can copy A2 if you wanted printed media or they can save it for sending or hosting

Luke

Posted : 25/07/2018 3:42 pm
Boater Sam
(@boater-sam)
Topic starter

Error, the sheet is for R1155, 

I took the numbers off the tatty envelope that the sheet was in, the sheet says R1155.

So lets start over,anyone want it? There is a possibility if demand is high that a member on Vrat can get it scanned for digital download (Chris is prepared to do a digital distribution)and also copied, I can find nobody local who can do this size. 

Mods can the title be changed to R1155 please?

Boater Sam

Posted : 25/07/2018 4:50 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Posted by: Boater Sam

Mods can the title be changed to R1155 please?

Done  ? 

Posted : 25/07/2018 5:53 pm
Terrykc
(@terrykc)
Member Rest in Peace

Posted by: mendipviews

Just checked yes they can copy A2 if you wanted printed media or they can save it for sending or hosting

Luke

I wouldn't worry about a single scan, Luke, as smaller scans spliced together might be better for legibility as I explained here on GVR. ( Mod Note: link requires membership to view )

To put it into perspective, see this description of the chance finding of a newspaper report on the Titanic sinking( Mod Note: link requires membership to view )

This is the end result - beware: large file!

I lost count of how many individual sections went to compile the final copy! Although not perfect, it was good enough to be passed through an OCR program.

Obviously, a cleaned up schematic will comprise large areas of white space and should compress much better.

Incidentally, another customer took the same original to a professional copying service who returned it as a .jpg - and then said they couldn't copy it to any other format!

Your choice, but I'm prepared to give it a go if you want.

Note also Chris's warning about the quality!

When all else fails, read the instructions

Posted : 25/07/2018 5:55 pm
Terrykc
(@terrykc)
Member Rest in Peace

I think we can all stop worrying about this as this has now been drawn to my attention. (Mod Note: link requires membership to view)

In view of the high quality of the manuals for both the R1155 and the R1188 contained in that post it would be futile attempting to scan Sam's circuit.

With the best will in the world it would be impossible to get anything close to that quality, no matter how much time and effort was expended.

When all else fails, read the instructions

Posted : 26/07/2018 9:12 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Terry,

Your link requires membership to be read (as did two of the other links in your previous post), I'm guessing from your comment, someone has already offered a top notch scan. Hence as you rightly state, making this exercise pointless. Thanks for letting us know  ? 

Posted : 26/07/2018 9:19 am
Boater Sam
(@boater-sam)
Topic starter

I am to believe that there is a complete and much better circuit and text already on the internet.

Obviously this makes mine a waste of time so please ignore the offer.

Mods to close please.

Boater Sam

Posted : 26/07/2018 9:22 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

I believe so Sam and I guess its available on Golborne.

As requested, thread closed

Posted : 26/07/2018 9:23 am
Share: