Service Data [Closed] HMV 1805/2805

7 Posts
4 Users
6 Likes
Spot-Wobble
(@spot-wobble)
Honorable Member Registered
Topic starter

I need the service data for this 1949 HMV, I was sent a HD PDF version some years ago by Brian Cuff but it doesn't load properly, so need another one that works.

Regards

Andy

Posted : 26/02/2022 3:47 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Famed Member Registered

"Please" and "thank you" would go a long way with your demand.

Posted : 26/02/2022 4:52 pm
Spot-Wobble
(@spot-wobble)
Topic starter

Cathovisor,

If some one had been able to provide the info then I would have thanked them - obvious I would have thought!

The request I made had typically the same content as posts you will find on many other forums.

It was not a demand as you indicated. It was a request!

Making assumptions on the basis of an email or written text is not to be recommended. Making an assumption makes an ass out of you and me!

If you actually knew me you would know that I am a polite and helpful individual.

From your reply It would be easy to make assumptions about your character, I shall not fall into the same trap as you.

Regards

Andy

Posted : 26/02/2022 5:03 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

This states it’s similar to the 1805/2805, select HMV.

http://www.thevalvepage.com/resources/manuals/manuals.php

Frank

Posted : 26/02/2022 5:06 pm
Spot-Wobble
(@spot-wobble)
Topic starter

@nuvistor  Thank you Nuvistor. Unfortunately the download section of that site does not work!

That is why I asked on here.

Regards

Andy

Posted : 26/02/2022 5:11 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

@spot-wobble 

Just tried it and it worked ok. If you can get it to work PM me your email address and I can forward it.

Frank

Posted : 26/02/2022 5:15 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Posted by: @spot-wobble

If some one had been able to provide the info then I would have thanked them - obvious I would have thought!

I guess you got out of the wrong side of the bed today!

I guess you haven't got anything better to do with your time?

Please ignore my request for info.

I shall go elsewhere, somewhere I don't get critisised for a perfectly normal post!

Won't bother coming back here!

Oh dear, I shall close this thread, a very rare occurrence at VRAT these days. Before doing so, I will however pass comment.

I saw this service request earlier and did think it could have been worded better, I chose to overlook/ignore it, Mike did not.

Forgive me, but perhaps if two people interpret the post coming across as demanding, maybe..... Appreciate this was likely unintentional and posted in haste, or you too may have got out of the wrong side of the bed (notice that's been edited out now).

Original Post

I need the service data for this 1949 HMV, I was sent a HD PDF version some years ago by Brian Cuff but it doesn't load properly, so need another one that works.

A simple reread of the original post, and it could have been thus.

Revised Post

Hi guys, long time no see, I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm looking to obtain service data for a 1949 HMV Television. I was sent an HD PDF version some years ago by Brian Cuff, sadly it doesn't load properly, If anyone can help me locate a copy I would be very grateful.

I don't believe anyone could disagree, when worded like that, it makes all the difference.

Anyway, Andy, I found your original request back in 2015, and Brian helping you, unfortunately Brian did not pass a copy to me for inclusion in the library, so I couldn't have helped, and Brian sadly passed away in 2016.

https://www.radios-tv.co.uk/community/black-white-tvs/hmv-2805-schematic-diagram/

You state that's it, you're not coming back here again, (I note you edited that part out) if you decide to not come back and go elsewhere, that is entirely your choice.

As Brian mentioned in the VRAT thread, your TV is the TV only version of the 2851. I'm sure as you're a member of UKVRRR, you can purchase the data for £1.99 from Paul's instant downloads, a very agreeable sum, and the 2851 data should suffice.

https://www.service-data.com/product.php/9064/12700/m19064

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 26/02/2022 5:21 pm
WayneD, WayneD and WayneD reacted
Share: