7 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
ChasL001
(@chasl001)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter

20220103 060747

Would anyone have any information about this Hong-Kong built Clock Radio with TV. Built in the 80s, it was sold under many other brand names as far as I can tell from image searches.

It works on Clock and Radio but the TV section does not. It employs an AN5151N TV on a chip.

So I'm looking for any service info, manual, circuit diagrams, even a user guide?

Just want to get this old beastie up and running for my small collection.

Thanks
Chas.

Posted : 12/01/2022 6:38 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Chas,

I have a vast collection of service data covering the 1930s through to the early noughties, pretty much source from multiple TV shop closures. I'm not certain about having anything for this brand, but I will certainly have a look. Furthermore, I know I have quite a lot of TV clock radio service manuals, but I seem to recall most of them being RBM and other more well known UK brands from the late 70s early 80s. You never know, rest assured If I do will post back here if I find anything.

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 12/01/2022 8:13 am
ChasL001
(@chasl001)
Topic starter

@crustytv Hi Crusty. Appreciate it, I doubt you'll find it, I can't even find the model even mentioned other than ebay sales. Fingers crossed you might come across something similar. 

Posted : 12/01/2022 1:38 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Chas,

Well thus far I have found a load of Nikkai service data, in my U-View manuals, but most seems to be just TV, I'll keep looking. This TV/Clock/Radio also seems to be a bit of a "tart" set, meaning it appears with a lot of other names stamped on it, "SuperStar" the TCR 1001 being another.

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 12/01/2022 2:09 pm
Lloyd
(@lloyd)
Prominent Member Registered

Hi Chas,

In the absence of an actual manual I have just googled the data sheets for the IC’s before for some things and worked from that, the AN5151N you mention has a data sheet available online, I’m wondering if it’d be worth probing some pins on that chip to see if there is any activity? 

Regards,

Lloyd 

Posted : 12/01/2022 6:45 pm
ChasL001
(@chasl001)
Topic starter

@crustytv Yes, I recall seeing "Superstar" in my searches, very similar pictures but sadly no tech info.

Posted : 13/01/2022 6:13 am
ChasL001
(@chasl001)
Topic starter

@lloyd Hi Lloyd. Yes I have the datasheet which has a circuit of the AN5151N chip, and when I next get time to put this old beastie back on the bench, I can use that as a rudimentary guide. Thanks for the thought.

Posted : 13/01/2022 6:15 am
Lloyd, Lloyd and Lloyd reacted
Share: