Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Service Data Pye CS17 Service Manual Wanted

frencha
(@frencha)
New V-Ratter Registered

Hello

First post on this excellent site in preparation for the new project (hopefully more on this to follow...)

I've just picked up a 1956 Pye CS 17 Contemporary (the Robin Day one) Very well stored and doesn't appear to have had a huge amount of use - it should make a relatively straightforward restoration.

First issue of course is finding the service manual - Pye fitted the CS17 with many different versions of the chassis, making it somewhat difficult to find the right manual and circuit diagram!

It's a wired chassis (17T) with the green spot next to the identification plate (which apparently makes it circuit diagram B in the manual?) It appears to be identical to the PAM 764 chassis restored by PYE625.

Anybody able to help?

pye

Alex

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/10/2020 6:10 pm
PYE625 liked
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

There is a CTM17 series Trader sheet in the Data library, don’t know if it’s a similar model.

Frank

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/10/2020 6:19 pm
frencha
(@frencha)
New V-Ratter Registered

Thanks Frank - I've tried to have a look in the data library but it keeps going to an access denied screen whenever I click the link!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/10/2020 8:18 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)

I have a service manual here for the wired chassis version of the CW17, you're welcome to borrow it. Also have a spare Pye RV4 service manual which covers wired chassis CW17 series models, it's sans circuit diagram. If can have the circuit diagram copied from the other manual consider the RV4 manual yours.

Till Euelspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/10/2020 8:55 pm
frencha
(@frencha)
New V-Ratter Registered

@till that's extremely kind- I've tried sending a dm but I don't seem to have access to that feature. I'd be more than happy to copy the circuit diagram and return the CW17 manual. Perhaps you can try sending me a dm with your contact and I can give you my details?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/10/2020 12:30 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)

PM sent.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2020 12:55 pm
frencha
(@frencha)
New V-Ratter Registered

No joy but should have access to messages after making 5 posts! (apologies for the spam)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/10/2020 1:24 pm
frencha
(@frencha)
New V-Ratter Registered

Number 5 (hopefully should work)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/10/2020 1:25 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)

Hi Alex,  posted off the manuals just before five so you should receive them in a day or two.

There's a CW17 upstairs which has the printed circuit chassis. Must bring it down to find out if it still works. The CRT the set employs is the magnetic focus 90* Mullard MW43-80 or possibly the Cathodeon equivalent, C17-5A?

Till Eulenspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2020 5:35 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)

RV4 service manual covers four models which have the wired chassis.

RV4
RV4 models
ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2020 9:45 pm
frencha
(@frencha)
New V-Ratter Registered

Hi Till,

Apologies for the delayed reply! (the manuals were exactly what I was looking for) The CRT on my set uses the Mullard MW43-69 (probably as it was a fairly example from Summer '56) Looks like it was taken out of service due to a failed EY86, so it'll hopefully a fairly straightforward restoration.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/11/2020 4:05 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)

A redrawn circuit diagram for the wired chassis CW17 can be found in the 1956/57 Radio and Television servicing book. I always believed that all 17" CW17 models employed the 90 degree magnetic focus MW43-80 CRT. The chassis in the hand wired chassis CW17 is similar to the Luxury 17 model of 1955 which employed the 70* MW43-64 tube.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2020 8:22 pm
JoanaCSAAD
(@joanacsaad)
New V-Ratter Registered

Hi,

I am doing research focusing on the CS17 Pye model. Does anyone have photographs of this model? I am especially interested in the steel legs and how they are attached to the receiver, so I am searching for photographs that show the tv from below. But also any photograph you may have from any other angle, or focusing on any other detail.

Thanks,

Joana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2021 11:48 am