4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Grundig69
(@grundig69)
New Member Registered
Topic starter

Hi guys,

upon asking at this year's RetroTech, I was told you guys maybe able to help.

I'm looking for a service manual or any service info for a Saba hybrid colour TV model T 2705 there is also a sticker on the back with

model 270 ST written in hand

any help would be appreciated 

thanks

David

Posted : 26/09/2021 7:54 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi David, welcome to the forum.

I think this is your TV, it's taken from our brochure section on the main blog site, link is via the menu above. Clicking on "Radios-TV", takes you to the blog and all its wealth of info.

If you're after the SABA T2705F manufacturer's service manual, then it is available for only £4.50 on ebay. Search for item number 223579859054. (no links to e-bay are allowed, nor discussion of items).

Alternatively, I do have the service data that is available in the “Red Books”, the Radio & Television servicing books. The SABA T2705F is covered. It's spread over 21-pages, has plan views and waveforms on the cct. I can always scan that, but in my opinion you cannot beat manufacturers data.

20210926 214258
20210926 214303
20210926 214308

p.s.

I'm most envious, I collect continentals and yours is a very nice one. Hope you consider sharing the repair progress here, if and when you get a chance.

Hope that helps

Forum 142

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 26/09/2021 8:36 pm
Grundig69
(@grundig69)
New Member Registered
Topic starter

@crustytv Thanks for the info, I got in contact with the person who listed the manual and I managed to get 2 of them! Only thing is there both in German !! but I’m able to get the values and read the circuit.

Just have to take a night class in German now! 😀 

thanks for taking the time to search for the information 

David

ps once I get the cabinet back from getting re-done I can put together the repair progress I’ve got with it.

Posted : 05/10/2021 8:08 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Famed Member Registered

@grundig69 

In one of the early 1970s copies of "Radio and Television Servicing" there is a glossary of German technical terms and their translation, such was the boom in German receivers at the time.

Just remember - "Vorsicht!" (literally "foresight") = Warning!

English owes so much to the Saxon languages that German terms actually come quite naturally.

Posted : 05/10/2021 9:47 pm
Share: