[Closed] Service Data: Donation

16 Posts
4 Users
54 Likes
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

Saved from the skip, I have this morning received a kind donation from @norman-raeburn 

All this data over the coming weeks and months, will be slowly added to the sites data library, further extending what is offered.  Its going to take a while as I've got to pull what I can off CD onto my PC , then upload to the server. This new data covers many manufacturers, Televisions, Video, Audio (this category seems to go right back to 1971) and other info like component data charts. Many hundreds if not thousands of service manuals, stock faults and data sheets a treasure trove of useful information.

There might not be a great call for it yet but much of the equipment covered in this data dump is 1980's thru 90's and beyond and now considered "vintage", no doubt it will come in use by folk soon. A sobering and frankly frightening thought, in just five years time the early 'noughties' kit will be 25 years old and thus considered "vintage!". Ever felt like you're getting really old. ?  

Many thanks Norman  ? 

servd

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 08/08/2019 11:55 am
Red_to_Black, Doz, Nuvistor and 12 people reacted
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Famed Member Registered

It's a sobering thought that when I first started collecting the youngest DAC90As were less than 25 years old and yet they seemed to be from another era...

Posted : 08/08/2019 5:43 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

The tip of the iceberg has started, the first 277 VCR service manuals have been uploaded, there are of course many more to come but for now I'm having a break from it. ?  

Posted : 08/08/2019 7:19 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

28 years (1971 - 1999), 850 manuals, 3.57GB of data of Sanyo/Fischer service data covering radio, cassette, boombox, CD player and Hifi, is currently uploading to the data library. Should be completed in 20 mins so at times like this I'm thankful for being on the end of a 80MBit down 35Mbit up fibre connection

Posted : 08/08/2019 9:41 pm
Lloyd, Red_to_Black, Lloyd and 3 people reacted
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

Just bought a whole load more service data in the form of U-view Television & Video servicing. This further extends what I can offer to members via the "S.O.D. IT" service. I now have a complete run of books from, post war volumes thru to 1996. These latter books are much larger when compared to the earlier R&TS books. As time passes more folk will undoubtedly start to collect and repair these later models of TV and VCR's, that's assuming they survived the cull that happened with the advent of flat panels and DSO. 

tvs 1
tvs 2
tvs 3

Posted : 01/10/2019 6:43 pm
Cathovisor, Red_to_Black, Cathovisor and 3 people reacted
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)
Prominent Member Banned

Hi Chris I have quite a few of these CD-roms, sadly the Hitachi server for the ESTA disks is no more, so no further updates for either the database or for the program itself, IIRC you needed to update the program to run properly on W7 or later (may even have been XP SP3 or later), and a lot of the ESTA manuals/diagrams on the disk/s were in a propriety format with only some as pdfs, when the server was still available you could download the pdfs as well. Sadly I only discovered this after a hard drive failure a number of years ago and so lost  all the updates and pdfs I had and could no longer update as by then Hitachi had taken their server off-line and reverted to a dealer only intranet/network. ? 

I have some of the Aiwa, Sanyo, Tosh and JVC cds, as well as a couple of Grundig and Sharp ones too, not to mention a lot of Vestal, Panasonic, Philips and some Thomson and Sony stuff too, of course this all dates from the 90's onwards so I never thought you would have been that interested in this stuff.

Ps. I also have a couple of the 90's U-view books as well as a CD-rom from this series. You seem to have acquired duplicates of most what I still have left however ? 

Posted : 01/10/2019 7:04 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

Warm regards and thanks to Frank who kindly sent me by way of donation, a Thorn TX90 service manual which arrived yesterday. Being a Thorn "Fan-boy" I was absolutely delighted ? 

The Thorn section of the library is pretty comprehensive now. This will be scanned within the next few days and uploaded. Now I need to find myself a nice little 20E1. ? 

tx90 1
tx90 2

Posted : 01/10/2019 9:30 pm
Doz, Red_to_Black, Doz and 3 people reacted
malcscott
(@malcscott)
Prominent Member Registered

I have some U VIEW books here if anyone wants them, Malc.

Posted : 02/10/2019 8:07 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

Hi Malc, I could be interested in what you have. Could you elaborate on what years are available? Are there any blue books (video) as I only have the one at present ? 

Posted : 02/10/2019 8:37 am
malcscott
(@malcscott)

@crustytv

Hi Chris, i will take a look and report back. These books are as good as new, Malc.

Posted : 02/10/2019 8:53 am
malcscott
(@malcscott)

Hi Chris, a quick look in my central stores show there is Video servicing 91-92 (2 books)  93-94 (3 books)      CTV Servicing 87-88, 93-34, 95-96, + File index book. All of these books look unused, Malc.

Posted : 02/10/2019 9:20 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

Hi Malc,

If possible I would like to nab everything except CTV 87-88 as I already bought that .....DOH!

Ultimately everyone benefits as I can scan whatever is needed by anyone, whenever required. ? 

Posted : 02/10/2019 9:52 am
malcscott
(@malcscott)

Call and collect, i will dig them out for you now, Malc.

Posted : 02/10/2019 10:08 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

Be over in an hour, about 12:00 is that OK?

Posted : 02/10/2019 10:11 am
malcscott
(@malcscott)

No prob.

Posted : 02/10/2019 10:16 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

Thanks to Malc and what I bought yesterday, I can now offer Video service data through to 1994 and R&TS/U-view TV data through to 1996. I've also got the Video index folder which makes finding things a tad quicker. ? 

tvs 4

Posted : 02/10/2019 11:57 am
Share: