Service Data or Sams for Zenith chassis 9AAF10A

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
MongooseDC
(@mongoosedc)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter

This chassis came out of a defunct Apricot Computer. It has the standard 10 way industrial keyway edge connector for supply and input. Through information on the internet I've managed to get a nice raster on the screen, and the CRT has good emissions. The line timebase is right on the correct speed at 15.63kHz (limitations of my multimeter's resolution), but the field timebase is running at about 32 hertz, much too slowly, so the set displays recognisable logos, text and the like but at random places on the screen. The chassis is dated September 1984. I'm pretty sure that this chassis is a standard chassis that can be configured to run either TTL or composite video. The entire chassis is discrete except for a single 8 pin IC that looks like an op-amp. I cannot find a vertical frequency pot anywhere. I know that Zenith provided good installation and service information for their products. It's a nice little chassis that someday I hope to convert into a retro digital television set that I can show you guys.

A service manual, SAMS or circuit diagram of the series of models would be useful.

Thanks

MongooseDC

Posted : 21/08/2018 11:07 pm
MongooseDC
(@mongoosedc)
Topic starter

Somebody has offered to build me a cabinet for this chassis if I succeed in getting it working. I've thought about several designs, but I might go for a miniature retro look. The old Bush TV12 series might be a good design to mimic, although it would be quite good to do a miniaturised version of a mid 50's 17 inch set. Another thought was to mount it in transparent perspex, de-boxing the digital converter, and showing off the CRT and all the innards in all its glory! But before that I need some circuit data. I'll post some photos of the chassis in time! Reminder - the model is 9AAF10A. Actually, as it stands the chassis actually looks like the vintage chassis found in old televisions in the day when the entire chassis - including the CRT - could be slid out of the cabinet - this is what has inspired the whole retro thing. If anyone has any suggestions regarding field rate, let me know.

Posted : 08/09/2018 8:20 pm
MongooseDC
(@mongoosedc)
Topic starter

Here is a picture of the chassis

zen9 inch cropped

If anyone can find the circuit diagram for this chassis let me know, as this is the first of 3 I'm going to restore and convert to digital.

Thanks, Mongoose DC

Posted : 27/09/2018 10:44 pm
Share: