Teleton TA-12 television service info needed

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
freya
(@freya)
Prominent Member Registered
Topic starter

As per title please, not found anything online at all, a very deaf set and a pig to get at anything.

sTEPHEN

Posted : 20/06/2018 1:53 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Stephen, 

I can get that scanned for you and uploaded to the data library. Perhaps you might consider sharing the repair with us in the b&W TV section? I'm all for helping folk, as I've often mentioned the data library is intended for actively contributing members and I'm sure everyone would love to follow you with this TA12 ? 

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 20/06/2018 1:59 pm
freya
(@freya)
Topic starter

Wow, now that's a data library to be proud of, certainly will  attempt to write a post on its progress.

Posted : 20/06/2018 2:22 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Cheers Stephen, its been a long time since we've been treated to you repairing a set, normally you're a 405 EKCO man, really look forward to seeing the Teleton. I have a Teleton B&W set can't remember the model though.

Anyway, the Teleton TA12 data now resides in the library  ? 

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 20/06/2018 2:29 pm
freya
(@freya)
Topic starter

Thanks Chris,

Its going to be either the UHF or VHF tuner modules that seem to be the issue on this set as injecting a modulated signal from the genny at the IF input produces a good pattern .

I as hoping for some info of their innards as a couple of the vhf transistors are not marked.

Posted : 20/06/2018 3:52 pm
ntscuser
(@ntscuser)
Honorable Member Registered

I have a Teleton T-122 myself. Nothing much wrong with it except for the horizontal linearity. It's normally paired with a Goodmans GDR11 which adds remote channel selection and volume control to a set which doesn't otherwise have any. The Teleton user manual came with a circuit diagram in the back which is printed so small it's impossible to read even with the help of a magnifying glass.

IMG 20180407 205258

Classic TV Theme Tunes

Posted : 20/06/2018 7:13 pm
Share: