Trader Sheet 1820/T328

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Jac Janssen
(@jac-janssen)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter

I'm looking for trader sheet 1820/T328 containing tuner information and alignment info for the Philips 11TG190AT.

Can you help me Chris?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Jac

Posted : 04/07/2018 7:39 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Prominent Member Registered

Hello Jac, Is there something very specific you need from the trader sheet? I also have a TVette and the full Philips manual is already in the library, much more info in there on the tuner and alignment than in a trader sheet I suspect.

John.

John.

Posted : 04/07/2018 8:14 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

I certainly can help with that, but like John I'm intrigued to know what the official Philips manual lacks, that makes you seek out the "Trader" tuner sheet.

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 04/07/2018 8:30 pm
Jac Janssen
(@jac-janssen)
Topic starter

Hello Chris and John,

Thank you both for your response. The reason for my request is very simple:
Sometimes the Trader Sheet has information that the official manual does not (yet) contain.
I did download the factory manual. Thanks again for that.
For example: I'm currently restoring the set and came across resistor R2105. It is on the printed circuit board drawings, but I found that in the circuit diagram R2105 was missing. It was included in the Trader Sheet diagram though! They must have used a revision of the Philips documentation. I'm sure there are amendments and corrections to the service manuals that we are unaware of.

Thanks again for your help! The factory manual proves a great help so far.

Jac

Posted : 05/07/2018 6:38 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Jac,

Thanks for the clarity, that's an interesting and useful fact to bear in mind when repairing a set. I guess it just goes to further reinforce you can never have too much information. 

Trader 1820 now resides in the data library.  ? 

p.s.

Would you consider sharing your repair with us by way a thread on the forum? I'm sure all our members including those with the same set (there are many with one as well) would be very interested in how you get on.

Posted : 05/07/2018 6:53 am
Jac Janssen
(@jac-janssen)
Topic starter

Thank you Chris,

I downloaded the Trader Sheet.
I am not to good in write-ups, but I'll see what I can do.

Jac

Posted : 05/07/2018 8:04 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Jac,

re a write up; at Vrat 2 there are all manner of contributions, some are verbose (that'll be me, guilty as charged) then there are those who practice brevity and all in between those two. I'm sure if you decided to contribute a thread it would be far better than you think and If you wish to just post up pictures with captions that's fine too.

Have a think and I'm certainly not trying to exert any pressure on you, its just mild encouragement towards members who rarely post their repairs to perhaps think about having a go, we certainly won't bite or sit in judgement.

We also need to encourage the Black & White TV members to keep that section of the forum active, so if folk pitch in the more the merrier.? 

Posted : 05/07/2018 10:26 am
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Prominent Member Registered

Jac, you may also like to look at the CES folder in the library at past editions of Service Link which was distributed to Philips dealers in the UK. You may find details of the mod you're looking for and others listed, I found a comment about careful routing of the volume control screened cable to prevent pickup from the scan coils.

Please post some pictures of the sets performance if you can to compare with my own. In my case 405 is pretty good but 625 is a bit iffy, not what I would expect from Philips but is it economy of design, limits of the germanium transistors or just plain faulty?

It does need further attention but work, family life and the usual jobs around the house keep getting in the way

John.

John.

Posted : 05/07/2018 7:30 pm
Jac Janssen
(@jac-janssen)
Topic starter

Thank you John,

I didn't know this publication.
The dressing of the screened cable to the volume control is also described in the service manual.
There is a annoying raster rattle in the speaker if the cable is too close to the deflection unit.
I'll download some of the CES publications and browse them.

I'll try to post some pictures when the set is working reasonably well.
Getting to the IF panel is a PITA with the CRT in place.

Jac

Posted : 05/07/2018 7:46 pm
Jac Janssen
(@jac-janssen)
Topic starter

Thanks again John for pointing me in this (CES) direction and to Chris for making it available.

I downloaded issues 1-15 and browsed through them. They make for interesting reading and tips.
No less than 4 issues of these contain info on the 11TG190AT. I'll have to study it in more detail.
Like Chris mentioned: you never have too much information.

Jac

Posted : 06/07/2018 1:26 pm
Share: