Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wanted: Sharp VC-2300 service manual  

crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Not often I ask for data, wondering if anyone has a service manual for a VC2300 tucked away in their data stores they might scan for me. Typically, I have loads of Sharp data (much already loaded in the library) but nothing for this.

sharp

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2020 2:20 pm
Topic Tags
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

By gum, I only just vaguely remember those, but I don't remember ever seeing one in real life!

As I recall, Sharp products of the period seemed to be very well engineered and put together, though I only got the chance to lay hands on two of their VCR models, one, a fairly humble front loading machine, no remote control and no fancy features. The other, a very nice, feature rich, remote control model that was streets ahead of its rivals. Damned if I can remember model numbers, but from polar opposites, they both seemed equally well put together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2020 10:26 pm
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

We saw a couple of these over the years. Sharp machines were always well built. If I had a pound now for every idler I'd fitted!

So many, infact, I used to base the money a yellow pages ad cost on "idlers per week" 😆 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2020 8:34 am
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

I thought I might have still had a paper manual for this, sorry no such luck!, this model certainly pre-dated pdfs.

TBF not much really went wrong with these electronically speaking, just the usual rubber bits mainly, I think I might have had the odd motor fail but that was about it, they were built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

"This is my multimeter. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My multimeter is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my multimeter is useless. Without my multimeter, I am useless."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2020 8:07 pm