[Closed] Wanted: Sharp VC-2300 service manual

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

Not often I ask for data, wondering if anyone has a service manual for a VC2300 tucked away in their data stores they might scan for me. Typically, I have loads of Sharp data (much already loaded in the library) but nothing for this.

sharp

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 24/03/2020 2:20 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered

By gum, I only just vaguely remember those, but I don't remember ever seeing one in real life!

As I recall, Sharp products of the period seemed to be very well engineered and put together, though I only got the chance to lay hands on two of their VCR models, one, a fairly humble front loading machine, no remote control and no fancy features. The other, a very nice, feature rich, remote control model that was streets ahead of its rivals. Damned if I can remember model numbers, but from polar opposites, they both seemed equally well put together.

Posted : 25/03/2020 10:26 pm
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)
Prominent Member Registered

We saw a couple of these over the years. Sharp machines were always well built. If I had a pound now for every idler I'd fitted!

So many, infact, I used to base the money a yellow pages ad cost on "idlers per week" ? 

Posted : 26/03/2020 8:34 am
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)
Prominent Member Banned

I thought I might have still had a paper manual for this, sorry no such luck!, this model certainly pre-dated pdfs.

TBF not much really went wrong with these electronically speaking, just the usual rubber bits mainly, I think I might have had the odd motor fail but that was about it, they were built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

Posted : 05/04/2020 7:07 pm
Share: