1976 TV Which Repor...

Notifications
Clear all

1976 TV Which Report

crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

For fans of the "Which" consumer series, I've just added Jan, Feb and November TV reports for 1976. They cover the following:-

• 18"colour TV's
  • Reliability reports for all major brands & rentals
  • How 20" Japanese sets, the largest imported at the time, compared to British and continental sets.

This series now covers 1968 - 1982, however I'm missing and still looking for 1971, 1975, 1977, 1980 & 1981

All current reports can be accessed via the top green nav bar under Literature|Early Colour TV reports

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/08/2017 11:12 am
ntscuser
(@ntscuser)
Prominent V-Ratter Registered

And as I mentioned previously you can see from the reliability report table that the four most popular brands by far (among Which? subscribers anyway) were Philips, B&O, National (Panasonic) and Grundig in that order.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2017 5:10 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

Chris said

All current reports can be accessed via the top green nav bar under Literature|Early Colour TV reports  

You may wish to amend the page that says they're under Articles | Early TV Reports then.

https://www.radios-tv.co.uk/which-early-colour-tv-reports/

A shocking indictment of just how bad our TV industry had become, reading the 1976 report; the danger of captive markets, which explains why American cars are still rubbish (but cheap).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2017 5:27 pm