Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Radios-TV Vrat FaceBook Group and Facebook Integration  

crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

"Either move with the times or face extinction" I'll try and resist my usual verbose waffling.

I've been forced to accept the inevitable, Radios-TV Vrat needs to increase its chances of engagement and love or loath it, Facebook offers just that. Now with one click/tap you can easily share a Vrat post to your Facebook timeline.

You can now register at Radios-TV Vrat with your Facebook. If already and existing member you can link your Facebook to Radios-TV Vrat account. From then on, no username and passwords required here, just use the "Connect with Facebook" button.

Share Vrat Posts on Facebook

Via the Facebook developers tool, I created a Vrat app to implement this social sharing and login integration.  On each Vrat post, blog article or blog comment, you will now see the familiar "f" or "share" button, I think you'll all know what happens next. I've tested it and the Vrat app interface works, loading up your Facebook timeline comment page, in a pop out window from Vrat. So if you fancy sharing something on your time line its just one simple click to achieve it.

Radios-TV Vrat; Vintage Television Facebook Group

Not only that, I've also created a Private Radios-TV Vrat - Vintage Television Forum Group, a number of folk have already found us. My thanks to Chris (The_Teleman) who I've recruited there as our Facebook group moderator, I'm way out of my depth on how F-book controls work so relying on his knowledge to assist me.

Radios-TV; Facebook Group

Whats Next

Have a read of the FAQ here.

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogsCrustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribingVrat FaceBook: Follow us

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/07/2020 9:00 am
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Hi Chris,

I can understand, Facebook seems to be the go-to place online for many, hope it has the desired effect.

I do have an account but admit it’s little used.

Frank

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2020 3:09 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

There is now and FAQ covering all this, it is suggested members read it if they wish to make use of the feature. See here.

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogsCrustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribingVrat FaceBook: Follow us

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/07/2020 12:14 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Well it has been a few months since we launched our presence on Facebook.

This is a bump for folk to perhaps consider joining the Vrat Facebook group, it's a private group and there are no shenanigans or FB trolls. We're currently sitting at 100 members which is already one third of what we managed to achieve in 10 years of the forum!

Most of the Group members are not forum members and don't appear to be interested in joining forums, this is as I suspected, just a fact of modern life. Membership of the group is growing weekly. Many of the forum regulars who used to post repairs on here, are now far more active over on our group.

So if you want to catch up with folk, it's something to consider.

fbrat

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/12/2020 10:38 am