Forum Snowed in!

10 Posts
9 Users
3 Likes
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

Woke this morning to this and its still coming down. Even though the forecast suggested snow, I did not take much notice as they've been saying that since November/December. Ironically I'd lost count of the times that I've seen gritters out doing our road since October, even when nothing is forecast. Guess what? Caught with their trousers down, not a sniff of a gritter, they didn't go out for this, buffoons!

Glad The_Teleman and I shifted his G6 & 2K yesterday in the glorious blue sky sunshine of a Sunday afternoon, though it was bitterly cold.
Trivia: If anyone has ever wondered which is the heavier, a 1967 Philips G25K502 or a 1967 Ferguson 3700. I can confirm, it's a 3700. Back breaking even with two of us!!

So as Vrat H.Q. requires no venturing out, time to light the fire, pull up a chair fireside with a nice warm cuppa & a slice of toast.

Be safe out there all you N.E. Ratters.

snw1
snw2
snw3
sn4

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 24/02/2020 7:47 am
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)
Honorable Member Registered

Hi Chris, well I'm on two weeks holiday so I too will be staying indoors. I had to use the remainder of my holidays or loose them so looking out of the window this morning I'm pleased I have. 

Posted : 24/02/2020 8:44 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

When its cold outside and snowed in, it's got to be "Time to play with Telly's time! Yay! ? 

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 24/02/2020 8:50 am
Boater Sam
(@boater-sam)
Honorable Member Registered

32 degrees here.  Sorry.  Be careful out there guys.

Boater Sam

Posted : 24/02/2020 9:20 am
sideband
(@sideband)
Famed Member Moderator

No snow down here in the South East. 13 degrees (by noon) and currently 11....almost shorts and tee shirt weather! Wet later though. Oddly enough, the gritters have been out round here as well despite no forecast of snow but of course the rain over the weekend has washed it all away. If your weather comes south which it might, it will be interesting to see if they come out again......

Posted : 24/02/2020 9:54 am
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Famed Member Registered

We briefly had some snow here in South Lincolnshire the day after Storm Ciara passed through - it was quite pleasant to watch falling whilst tweaking that "bodysnatched" Sony Earth Orbiter. When I went up to Blyth a few days later (the Notts one) I noticed there were some pockets of snow still lying around Grantham.

Just wind and rain today.

Posted : 24/02/2020 12:14 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

I checked the weather yesterday and noticed it could be bad so I travelled home last night, easy four and a half hour drive.

Woke this morning to torrential rain so glad I made the journey yesterday, cleared up now so I will have a short walk to stretch my legs.

Frank

Posted : 24/02/2020 1:05 pm
Marconi_MPT4
(@marconi_mpt4)
Reputable Member Registered

In contrast, wet and very blustery down here in the South-south-west! Two weeks ago gales with 80-90mph gusts successfully ripped part of my workshop roof away and after doing remedial repairs have been waiting patiently to do a full re-roof when the rain subsides.  A snapshot of today's weather front, more like mad March has arrived already!

Screenshot from 2020 02 24 11 32 56 n

Rich

Posted : 24/02/2020 1:21 pm
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)
Prominent Member Registered

Quite ... NOAA 18 at 24 Feb 2020 10:08

Posted : 24/02/2020 4:24 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered

Haven't seen so much as a flake since 2018, though yesterday gave us a scattering of hailstones and pith balls for a few minutes. Just biting cold winds that really do seize up my joints.

hailstones and pith balls

Or, on the other hand, these two have it sussed!

sleepy midnight
sleepy mum

Posted : 26/02/2020 8:07 pm
Share: