Santa Stan delivers...

Notifications
Clear all

Santa Stan delivers in time for Christmas Eve: Television 1971 Jan-Dec

crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

TV1971.jpg

Yesterday I uploaded Stans latest scan work, for those with access you will now find 1971 in the appropriate library section. There are some gaps in the early ones but we've got 1952 - 1971 plus all the LLJ and other great extracts. All in all some great Christmas TV reading material.

Thanks to Stan for his continued efforts on this mammoth project.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/12/2016 2:46 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

I'd just like to add my thanks to Stan for continuing to produce what are superior quality scans of the magazines - far better than others that might be available. As someone who often cleans up service manuals to the pixel level and moves about copies of individual letters to replace poorly printed/scanned ones (doing this at the moment in fact; a Bush export radio service manual), I know just how painstaking this work can be.

Stan - I raise my metaphorical hat to you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2016 3:01 pm
PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Cathovisor said 

Stan - I raise my metaphorical hat to you!  

To echo the above as it benefits everyone here.  thumb_gif

I have a Christmas hat, never seen a metalfolical hat, Catho. grin_gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2016 5:04 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)

PYE625 said
I have a Christmas hat, never seen a metalfolical hat, Catho. grin_gif  

It's made of tinfoil laugh

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2016 5:23 pm
Brian Cuff
(@briancuff)
Noble V-Ratter Rest in Peace

I go along in thanking Stan for his scanning and cleaning work. I have spent many hours scanning and cleaning, as Cathy does, down to pixel/character level. Many of the fruits are now in the public domain (pre-war TV manuals). I find it quite restful smacking loads of little black blobs with my magic pencil (Photoshop).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2016 11:44 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)

One of the more pointless distractions I've taken up is looking up the advertisers in the back pages on Google Street View, in a "what is it now?" kind of way. So for example, Philip H. Bearman's TV tube shop at 6, Potters Road, New Barnet is now a Chinese restaurant.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/12/2016 3:14 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Cathovisor said
One of the more pointless distractions I've taken up is looking up the advertisers in the back pages on Google Street View, in a "what is it now?" kind of way.

Oh yes, street views are a great way to either relive the past or calibrate on the present. More so as I don't have the time or airfare funds to be there in person.

I'm a little shocked to see on Google street view the row of "war surplus" and "wireless component" retailers along the Edgware Road (London W2) are literally gone!

Anyone recall HL Smith? GW Smith Radio? Henry's Radio?

How about Proops Bros, Z&I Aero Service, Lasky's (On Tottenham Court Road around Goodge Street tube station)??

Many a rainy Saturday happily spend treasure hunting as a school boy... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/12/2016 9:07 pm