Site Menu Items Reo...

Notifications
Clear all

Site Menu Items Reorganised

crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi just to give members notice, I have tidied/reorganised the top menus. Items have been added, some moved from or to "Literature", "Miscellaneous" & "Televisions".

Most notable changes are under "Televisions"with a new feature inclusion of Black & White brochures. Hopefully these brochures will increase as and when I find them.

img2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/08/2017 12:25 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Just looked at the EkcoT520 with the Europa '368' chassis.The 368 chassis was a decent set from my experience but it's Achilles heel was that rotary tuner. They had problems with the push button unit with the buttons flying across the room, the rotary tuner damaged the drive cog wheel.

The die cast cog wheel was driven by a thin metal quadrant, this dug into the diecast teeth of the cog wheel and stripped  the teeth then jammed The customer applying more pressure to the tuner knob caused that to break.

Pye/Ekco changed the design to have the quadrant made of diecast metal and much wider to match the cog wheel. I used to carry the spare cog wheels, quadrants and knobs on the van. Still had failures from time to time but on the whole was a good modification.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2017 12:39 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Hi Chris,

Just realised my comments in post #2 would perhaps be better with the brochure, if you feel it would be better could it be moved?

Frank

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2017 1:49 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

Just taken delivery of a pile of Bush literature; some brochures for the TV135 and allied sets, plus sets with the Z718 chassis.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2017 1:52 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

nuvistor said
Hi Chris,

Just realised my comments in post #2 would perhaps be better with the brochure, if you feel it would be better could it be moved?

Frank  

Hi Frank,

Wordpress comments and forum posts are separate entities, in the spirit of Yoda, move it I cannot, duplicate I can, mmm! grin_gif

It now also exists on the EKCO B&W brochure page thumb_gif

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/08/2017 2:12 pm