Notifications
Clear all

Vrat 1.0 Account Information

Page 1 / 2

crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Introduction

I would like to request that all members at the Radios-TV Vrat 2.0 website (here), check that their account information is up to date with their latest e-mail.

This is for two reasons.

1. Its vitally important for the delivery of the many active services and live e-mail notifications such a subscriptions, technical library, private messages or should the team or I need to contact you. Failure to keep your e-mail correct, means one or more of these services may fail for you.
  2. The second reason is related with the vrat 1.0 migration, though there's no firm date for this as I've not raised sufficient funds yet. 

If you were a member of Vrat 1.0 and you wish your old posts to be correctly assigned to your account here, the account information on both systems need to be in sync. If your username or e-mail differ, there will be a second account created here in the migration process  and your vrat 1 posts won't attach to your current Vrat 2.0 account. To this end I have reactivated all accounts over on Vrat 1.0. The forum is still closed, you cannot post or do anything else, but you can check your account for me as follows:-

To check your account click on User Control panel| Profile| Edit Account Settings

• Check that your Vrat 1.0 e-mail is the one you use here at Vrat2.0
  • If the Vrat 1.0 e-mail is old then change it to the one you now use here
  • If its OK, leave it

Username

• If your username on Vrat 1.0 subtly differs to the one here, then let me know in this thread and I will change your Vrat 1 username to match your Vrat 2.0 username 

Example

Here's an example so you see what I mean 

Vrat  1.0 account

username=Fred Flintstone

e-mail= rockboy@bedrock.com

posts 1200

Radios-TV/Vrat 2.0 account

username=Fred_Flintstone

e-mail= fred@bedrock.com

In the above example you can see the Vrat 1.0 username and e-mail differ to the Vrat 2.0 information here. so Vrat 1.0 account is edited to match Vrat 2.0.  The discrepancies you find may be one, both or nothing needs changing.

Below is the post migration example account used above, and how it will look at Vrat 2.0  

Radios-TV/Vrat 2.0 Account

username=Fred_Flintstone

e-mail= fred@bedrock.com

Failure to address this work as stated above, will result in Fred having the two accounts at Vrat 2.0. One called Fred Flintstone and one called Fred_Flintstone  All his vrat 1.0 posts on another account.

The migration process will be a one time only action as I will be paying an external company. I cannot waste their time or funds mopping up self inflicted errors post migration. It is my responsibility to ensure the user account info is correct so as to avoid duplicates before they start. I've also been spending many months making sure all the threads, posts an attachments are in order so they map to sections on Vrat 2.0

So for final clarification 

Your Vrat 1.0 username MUST be the same as the one you use here

Your Vrat 1.0 e-mail MUST be the same as the one you use here.

New members to Vrat 2.0

For those of you new to this forum and website and never part of Vrat 1.0, you're probably wondering what on earth I'm talking about!

Well Vrat 1.0 was our old standalone forum where it all started back in 2011. That forum closed in 2016, the content left locked as a static archive.  http://www.forum.radios-tv.co.uk It is hoped that at some point in time all the archive content will be imported to Vrat 2.0.

Therefore as you were not a member of that old forum you've nothing to be concerned about. Though I would still ask that you ensure you always keep your e-mail up to date for the reasons above relating to services.

Finally

Sorry for a long winded post folks but your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. That help is simply ensuring your e-mail and usernames are accurately reflected as detailed above.

I 'll give members 3-4 months so less active members get to find this thread and act upon the advice given. I will still need to manually check but hopefully if everyone pitches in the task will be a quick one.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/04/2018 3:42 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Checked and the details are the same. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2018 4:04 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)

My details seem the same Chris.  ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2018 4:05 pm
PYE625
(@pye625)

Ditto

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2018 6:48 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

There is a slight difference between the two, the j in my username on Vrat 1.0 is lowercase whereas over here it's uppercase. Email is the same.

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2018 6:59 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Excellent John, that's the level of observation we need  ? 

Your Vrat 1.0 account username has now been set to match here.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/04/2018 7:19 pm
Marconi_MPT4
(@marconi_mpt4)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Details check out the same, even down to case sensitivity ?

Rich

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2018 8:12 pm
sideband
(@sideband)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

Mine looks OK Chris. 

What happens to absent members.. Does their data just evaporate?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2018 8:20 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Rich, 

By 'absent' members I presume you mean folk who were on Vrat 1.0 but did not join up here.

Everything will come over, that's all 73,957 posts, 19,176 image attachments for the threads/posts etc but not private messages, that also includes all accounts. To do otherwise would destroy the threads content and continuity, I would not think anyone would wish that, certainly not I.

"Absent" members, ( 0nes who never came over to Vrat 2.0) accounts, including their threads and posts, will be ported over here. However their accounts will be set as inactive as they obviously decided not to follow, which was of course their right and I respect that.

At any point there's nothing stopping an individual using the contact form to request their account be reactivated but I seriously doubt after all this time, that will happen. It will all fall under the 'inactive account with contributions' covered in our rules , item #9.

Once everything is over to here, the old Vrat 1.0 forum would be deleted.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/04/2018 8:25 pm
Pye Man
(@pye-man)

Hi Chris

In my username has a slight difference: an underscore separating the words in 1.0 but a space separating them in 2.0

Email address hasn't changed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2018 9:23 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Thanks Nick, Vrat 1.0  account amended  ?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/04/2018 9:26 pm
turretslug
(@turretslug)
Honorable V-Ratter Registered

Checked- username and e-mail the same across both forums,

Colin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2018 9:58 pm
ntscuser
(@ntscuser)
Prominent V-Ratter Registered

I'm so boring I use the same details for every account!  ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2018 1:42 am
Boater Sam
(@boater-sam)

Checked and my Vrat 1 name is different. It needs to be Boater Sam.  It has no capitals at present.  Otherwise all good.

Thanks Chris for your time and effort.

Sam.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2018 9:01 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Sorry Sam,

Not sure what you're looking at, I've just checked  your Vrat 1.0 account and it matches what you have here, they're identical. ( see below ).

acc
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/04/2018 9:37 am
Boater Sam
(@boater-sam)

Thanks Chris, I looked and found it without capitals on my log in for Vrat1, but seems its OK.I'm lazy too, use the same one for all the forums but then some days I can't remember my own name.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2018 7:01 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Posted by: Boater Sam

[...]  some days I can't remember my own name.

? ? 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/04/2018 7:11 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Illustrious V-Ratter Moderator

Mine all looks okay, but I'm sure we did actually sort it out back end of last year?

Amazingly, I could remember the password for that account! - I never use the same password on any other account, so there are a lot to remember ? 

Am I right in assuming that old info such as occupation, signature and personal stuff like interests and activities etc can be ignored? - assuming these are stripped away during migration?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2018 10:41 pm
peterscott
(@peterscott)
Prominent V-Ratter Registered

I think my old user name had a space between peter and scott.

Peter

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2018 9:28 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Thanks Peter, change on Vrat 1.0 now applied   ? 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/04/2018 12:05 pm
Page 1 / 2