Forum 141

[Closed] Vrat 1.0 Test migration to temporary site

27 Posts
8 Users
12 Likes
sideband
(@sideband)
Famed Member Moderator

Yes working for me as well. Likewise I had to reset the password but that was easy. All looking good! Great work Chris.

Posted : 18/09/2018 8:55 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

You should be able to easily calculate your post count once the merge has taken place. For example my vrat 1 is 5280 Vrat 2 is 2937 so I'll be at 8,217

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 18/09/2018 8:58 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Prominent Member Registered

Working for me too. Very much appreciate the time and effort you put in.

John.

Posted : 18/09/2018 9:04 pm
TVJON74
(@tvjon74)
Honorable Member Registered

Hi Chris,

Thanks for all the work involved in doing this. Worked for me too although I had to reset my password  ? 

Jon
BVWS Member

Posted : 18/09/2018 9:42 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Famed Member Registered

Well, the old password didn't work for me sadly.

But the hardest bit for me was going to the black and white section and seeing the user name 'briancuff'...

Posted : 18/09/2018 11:04 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

Posted By: Cathovisor

Well, the old password didn't work for me sadly.

In which case in light of all the reports this evening, I think its safe to say the passwords from the old vrat 1 did not migrate over. An inconvenience rather than a show stopper considering all that could have gone wrong and didn't.

Therefore anyone wishing to login and have a mooch about at the newly migrated vrat 1, needs to reset their password. Hopefully you all checked as requested months ago,  your e-mail address on the old forum was up to date.

If not then trying to reset your password will just result in the message going down a black-hole. If that does happen just let me know and I can edit the account to make sure it is correct.

This is still of paramount importance, the account info at vrat 1.0 must tally with vrat 2.0 with regards to name and e-mail, otherwise when I do the merge the two databases, your posts will not get assigned to just one account and you will end up with two, with posts split across the two. 

If you think this is all confusing try being me for one day let alone seven years of administration.

Posted : 18/09/2018 11:15 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: Cathovisor

But the hardest bit for me was going to the black and white section and seeing the user name 'briancuff'...

I know how you feel, look at this way, finally Brian's body of work will be complete and under one roof. I have a seed of an idea, it involves having a dedicated section to all the fine pre-war threads he produced at Vrat 1 and 2.

Posted : 18/09/2018 11:21 pm
Red_to_Black, TVJON74, Red_to_Black and 3 people reacted
Page 2 / 2
Share: