Memorabilia D|E|R September 1981 Brochure

4 Posts
4 Users
21 Likes
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Topic starter

Just added a fairly rare booklet to the brochure section of the website. Not often you come across D|E|R products, in this brochure rather than covering the early 70s, we have products from September 1981. It's now appended to the early D|E|R brochure.

20211011 144739[1]

The complete D|E|R brochure can be found here.

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 11/10/2021 1:54 pm
colourmaster, Jayceebee, PYE625 and 12 people reacted
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Prominent Member Registered

Some pretty stylish sets in there although I'm biased of course, I don't know why but the retail offerings from Ferguson looked pretty lacklustre and short on features at the time. It was good to see the old 3000 jig again though, thanks  👍 

Shame the model numbers weren't listed. I can identify them all but one, the sleeve.

John.

Posted : 11/10/2021 8:19 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered

Maybe it's my warped mind, or maybe I see things through different eyes - I am a bit of an an oddball!  But, going through the pictures, top left to bottom right, I see a bit of a story developing, and it's bit dodgy!

This is purely a tongue in cheek look at the pictures and no reflection on the true meaning behind company, nor its advertising material.

Top left, "I'm Mandy, with a smiling face to disarm and distract you while we get you signed up".

Bottom left, "My name's Burke, a bit of a dope. I never really learnt which way round to hold the telly while I carry it - Where d'you want it, Guv'ner?".

Second from left, and you may need to adjust your vision to see this, "Me? I'm Reg, and you'll be seeing a lot of me, or my mate Bill - See, we've got the back off this thing already" - Now the bit you may need to squint for "Nice cup o' tea that was Missus, got any biscuits?". [Now then, does anyone else see the "cup o' tea"?]

Third from left, "I'm Bill, I suspect you 'eard of me? Reg says you have one our sets? I fink we'll be seeing a lot of you!" - This is where your telly gets fixed when Reg can't figure it out in your livin' room".

Bottom right, "Hello, I'm Jason, Sales Manager. You won't see a lot of me, but I'm doing alright, thank you - Now, must dash. Toodalloo!".

Purely for fun, but as a child I always used to look at brochures like these and invent my own stories from the pictures. Hmm, "An idle mind mind is the Devil's workshop!". . . .

Posted : 13/10/2021 2:51 pm
WayneD, WayneD and WayneD reacted
WayneD
(@wayned)
Honorable Member Registered

@katie-bush I know just what you mean! Have to say the "Branch Manager" makes me think of a regional ITV announcer. 

Posted : 15/10/2021 6:33 pm
Share: