Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Memorabilia Trade Shop Signs

Page 3 / 3

crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

More trade shop signs and promotions for the museum come workshop from the 70s & 80s; Granada TV rentals, JVC BoomBox promotion for the RC-M60. Have you seen the prices of the player!? I had thought about getting one to put at the base of the stand, not at those eye watering figures. Finally, a LaserVision promotion around 1978/79, for the release of JAWS on Laserdisc.

20211022 120906
20211022 121146
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/10/2021 12:19 pm
Lloyd and jcdaze liked
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Illustrious V-Ratter Moderator

One interesting little twist - I might just have the JVC radio cassette recorder to go with that promotional cardboard sign!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2021 7:47 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Marion, well if you have, you've hit the jackpot. Just look up JVC RC-M60 on eBay and you see what folk are asking for them.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/11/2021 7:50 am
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)

Jeezes priced! - I can't be 100% sure, but from memory it's either the same, or very, very similar. I'll have to make an exploratory visit to my secret hideaway one day, and check it out.

I'll have owned it for a good 20, or 25 years, and like so many other similar radio/cassette machines in my possession, was a save from the recycling yard in town. Probably cost me £3, as so many of these things did back then, and in any case, wouldn't have cost more than a fiver!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/11/2021 6:59 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Posted by: @katie-bush

Jeezes priced!

I know... I thought it was just one crazed spanner chancing it, but no, they rally are sought after. I had planned, like you thought, to have one at the foot of the advert, that idea was soon quashed.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/11/2021 7:29 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Posted by: @crustytv

I had planned, like you thought, to have one at the foot of the advert, that idea was soon quashed.

Well, if mine is one of these, we might have to see what we can do about that. I have no plans on leaving any of my vintage TV and radio collection to any family members, nor to anyone who has no appreciation for what they are. - Everything will be exclusively released to the collection/restoration fraternity - The collection, test gear, tools and parts, in short everything I own that relates to vintage TV, radio and audio.

I'm not averse to a little bit of horse trading in the meantime.

At the moment, my JVC 'whatever it maybe' is stored away in a safe, dry, 1974 vintage touring caravan, but I'm not very likely to visit that part of the collection again until Spring.

I also have an assortment of Hitachi, Panasonic, Aiwa and other makes of the same/similar age - some of which are also in the sought after category, though I never expected those kinds of prices. Last time I 'price tagged' one of my Hitachi 'boom boxes', I don't know the model number, but it has a lot of desirable features like AMSS, FeO, CrO2 and Metal Tape, Dolby NR, and lord know what else. It was touching £70 to £80 - They now tickle the low hundreds too! I just wish I had more of them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/11/2021 7:55 pm
crustytv liked
Page 3 / 3