[Solved] Duplicate posts  

Hi,

On a couple of occasions now I seem to generate two identical posts when replying to posts and then the second post disappears after a minute or two. Is this something happening my end or that I'm doing?

Jon

Jon
BVWS Member

Hi Jon,

The second post disappears because I'm deleting it.

This is not a forum fault, I'm assuming you're on a mobile device and related to tapping. One member who is often on a mobile device manages to generate four or five duplicates, which I end up having to delete. I would suggest precision and patience when tapping.  ? 

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
VRAT-Tube: Please subscribe and help the channel grow.

Hi Chris,

OK thank you. Will try to be more patient.

Jon

Hi Chris,

Just for information I placed a post tonight on Andrews 'blood pressure' thread but then needed to 'edit' it after which my post became duplicated (Catho removed the duplicate for me). My point being that I'm using a laptop and not a mobile devise.

This info may be of no use but just in case there is an issue.....   ?

TTFN 

Marc

Marc,

I've seen this happen if you hit 'save' and then seemingly, nothing happens - so you hit 'save' again, thinking you didn't do it properly the first time! Been there, done that.... ? 

I know what you mean Catho...been guilty there too.

But not this time.....Save was definitely only hit the once.  ? 

Marc

I've never had a duplicate post in all the time we've been on this forum, then I'm on a high end desktop and at the end of an 80Mbit fibre internet connection.  It would also seem the vast majority don't have this problem either, I'm inclined to feel its localised to the member perhaps related to lag of connection or hardware and I still think mobiles are in the mix

For example Till Eulenspiegel  occasionally has this problem, I get four or five duplicates to clean up for him on one post! Till appears to visit via laptop and mobile, sometimes both at the same time. Focusdiode is another who often gets duplicates, he visits I believe exclusively on mobile.  A new person the other day was Doz, it happened twice for him but up until that point never before. Was he on  a mobile that day, the post was mid morning (at work ?).

As I say though, the vast majority do not have this problem.

I visit the forum with whatever I am using at that time, laptop, iPad or iPhone, mainly the iPad though. Has far as I know I have had one duplicate, unless a mod as removed it before I saw it. I don’t know how it occurred though.

Is there a way for a poster to delete their own post within the available edit time? I always check my posts, very often they require editing for typos so I would see any duplicates.

Note. I do read my posts before adding a reply, I still do not spot mistakes though. ? 

Frank

Posted by Nuvistor

Is there a way for a poster to delete their own post within the available edit time? I always check my posts, very often they require editing for typos so I would see any duplicates

Yes,

• Members can delete their posts for up to two mins after placing it.
  • Members can edit a post for up to 20 mins.

The only time they cannot do this is if another member has  made a subsequent post after theirs as this would then corrupt thread continuity.

I'm often amazed that nobody ever seems to delete even when they have the opportunity to do so, I guess few check their posts.

Hi Chris,

I cannot see the delete button for posts, appreciate the time limit etc, as it been removed or it’s there and I just can’t see it?

Looked last night and this morning but I just don’t see it.

Frank

We are using cookies on our website

Please confirm, if you accept our tracking cookies. You can also decline the tracking, so you can continue to visit our website though you may find that certain features of Radios-TV website may not function properly without the aid of cookies. Our cookie policy

Working

Please Login or Register