Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Question Have the forum fonts been changed?

Alex728
Registered
Topic starter
(@alex728)
Trusted V-Ratter

I'm curious as to whether the forum now displaying in Sans Serif fonts (such as Arial) is an intentional change? I thought it was my privacy/ad blocking software blocking some CSS or scripts (which can happen on some sites) but it also happens on my mobile phone on Chrome which can't have this software installed on mobile..

I didn't raise a "support ticket" as I don't think its a problem, if anything its easier to read...

10 Replies
1 Reply
Nuvistor
Registered
(@nuvistor)

Famed V-Ratter

@alex728
Its a question for Chris to answer but I have not noticed any difference, but then again at times I am not that observant.

crustytv
Admin
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder

Another member mentioned this privately to me yesterday, I had no idea what they were on about as it appeared exactly the same to me as before, and I've not changed anything. Checking the site font its still using "Philiospher". There was an auto update to the professional theme, but none of the settings were changed.

The other member stated:

Posted

Most noticeable on Headings under Recent Posts. For me very much improved clarity.

That to me does not suggest a font change, but perhaps the presentation of headings has been improved. The only thing that looked perhaps different to me was indeed the "Recent posts" list, pointed to that by way of example by the other member. The headings perhaps appearing more clear. However, I'm not convinced it is as I never use that page, so it might just be fresh to my eyes. Maybe the theme has improved heading presentation, I don't know.

Here are some screen grabs. My PC looking at the forum using two browsers Firefox on the left and Gener8 on the right, both look the same to me. Then a closer view of Firefox. Then a close up of this thread. Finally, my Phone using Chrome, not the easiest to tell from as it's the mobile version of the site.

screen
brow
thread
Screenshot 20210501 084930[1]

As I say I've not implemented any font changes though clearly a couple of you are seeing something different, then again a couple of us are not. A bigger sample size of would help but whatever, it's not a detrimental problem as those experiencing some sort of change, appear to be positive about it.

The other member will be pleased as I believe he thought he was losing the plot. 🤣

Nuvistor
Registered
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter

You don’t say which browser you use on your computer but fonts in Chrome can be changed, I have not tried this I don’t use Chrome. Perhaps an explanation.

Lloyd
Registered
(@lloyd)
Noble V-Ratter

I have also noticed this, only in the past couple of days! I’m using Safari on iPhone, and also Firefox on windows 10.

Regards,

Lloyd

freya
Registered
(@freya)
Noble V-Ratter

Me too on Edge

RichardFromMarple
Registered
(@richardfrommarple)
Trusted V-Ratter

I've noticed the fonts have changed on Firefox.

Cathovisor
Registered
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter

Well, whatever has happened, I prefer it as it is now: much easier to read IMO.

PYE625
Registered
(@pye625)
Famed V-Ratter

It certainly is easier to read... no more leaning forward and squinting at the screen haha

crustytv
Admin
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder

Wish I knew what you were all seeing as its no different for me.

Cathovisor
Registered
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter

Well, previously it looked like an anti-aliased Web font - now it just looks like a normal system font.

I'm at work until Thursday but if I can find any "before" screen grabs I've taken, I'll post one up.