How do I raise a support request blah, blah, blah

4 Replies
crustytv
Admin
Topic starter
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder

In the HelpDesk section click on "add topic"

Provide as much information as possible regarding the matter you are raising.

Anyone who believes they have the answer can click on the "Answer" button.  Or if someone does not have the answer they can request more info via the "Add a Comment" button.

The up arrow and down arrow are "like", "dislike"

clicking on the "Tick" means that the answer provided worked. This will do two things :-

1. It will change the Thread/Question title to have a prefix of [Solved].

2. It will give the member who provided a correct solution a score which appears on their profile "answers"

PYE625
Registered
(@pye625)
Famed V-Ratter

Oh I get it, reckon it could be interesting.

An example being... "My lamp won't work, what shall I do? "   And a reply is  "Change the light-bulb"  then their lamp does work, the member with the suggestion gets a statistic ? (Along with any other helpful suggestions from members that lead to a successful conclusion) ?

crustytv
Admin
Topic starter
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder

As an analogy yes, except I do hope nobody uses this section for such a question. Its purely a help desk for members having trouble using parts of the website and forum, not a general how do I section.

As the section Title states "Website & Forum Help Desk" and its sub text "A help desk to provide members with information and support related to Radios-TV services".

PYE625
Registered
(@pye625)
Famed V-Ratter

Oh I see.... Sorry, one day I will bother to open my eye's   🙂