Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Radios-TV - VRAT Knowledge Base

crustytv
Admin
Topic starter
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder

Just a short note to say that the site K-Base service has received a software update. Mainly back-end stuff but some presentation. The ability to improve navigation, searching, colours, included now are category icons and side-bar widgets. I mention this only if anything untoward happens with its functionality after this update, you can report it.

Also remember, If you're ex trade, a seasoned amateur or a novice, If you've got a hint tip or stock fault, then why not contribute to the Site Knowledge Base. You can do so via this form here:
https://www.radios-tv.co.uk/submit-service-tip/

kbsub

The service is open to all, members and non-members, all can use and contribute.

3 Replies
crustytv
Admin
Topic starter
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder

Information Update:

I'm starting to develop & migrate all the "Service Dept" documents from the top menu-bar, into the K-Base system. This is just the start, over the coming weeks the frontend of the site be redeveloped, the look and feel enhanced for mobile but will look good for desktop too. This does not mean the forum will change, its just how other things are assessed.

Slowly you will start to notice items disappearing from the menu, if you can't find something that was there before, look in K-Base, eventually there will be a single button up top to take you there. Overall this should make finding items easier whilst reducing what had become a very cluttered menu bar up top, Importantly it will also aid loading times.

Just to remind members and guests, the vast majority of this site is a free-to-view service, no membership required. Incorporating, Brochures, trade mags, catalogues, Vintage TV hints, tips, how-to's, including a multitude of free circuits for black & white TV's and 1000's of guitar amp circuits. Only the forum requires membership. This does not include the VIP members Data Library, that service also requires membership and "active" participation in the forum to gain access.

crustytv
Admin
Topic starter
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder

Update:
All the sections listed below and their associated service documents that were available via the "service dept" menu, have now been migrated into K-Base.

• Black & White Television - all articles
  • BRC/Thorn - from the CTV section
  • CTV stock faults from the CTV section
  • CTV servicing the sets - from the CTV section
  • Flyback Transformer data sheets - from the CTV section
  • All VCR stock faults and service articles
  • Guitar amplifiers
  • Radio
  • General service tips
  • Audio Hi-fi

Final section will be CTV service tips. Next will be brochures, Blog articles and catalogues.

crustytv
Admin
Topic starter
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder

Migration of "Service Dept" articles from the main to menu into the K-base blog service, is now complete. That was a lot quicker and simpler to achieve after finding an export import tool. Service Dept removed from up top. That concludes this part of the migration exercise, the rest of it will continue over the coming days.

Important Note:
I have little, if any free time to receive physical documents that require scanning, I have a mountain of my own to process. Anyone who wishes to contribute a set of stock faults or service tips to the K-Base service for Radio, TV, VCR, etc, can do so via the contribute service page here, that I have specifically set up for the task.

p.s.
Thanks go to Frank (Nuvistor) for uploading his "ex TV engineer" recollections of some stock faults encountered. ? 

p.p.s.
Any forum post that references "look up top under service dept", now means check blog.