1979 Philips VR2022

25 Posts
17 Users
3 Likes
peterscott
(@peterscott)
Honorable Member Registered

Posted by: Nuvistor

From what I recall but I never saw one, the 2000 VCR had dynamic tracking of some sort, no need for a tracking control.

Frank

I was given one many years ago. I had to change the head drum on it but after that it worked very well and the automatic tracking was excellent.

Peter

www.nostalgiatech.co.uk

Posted : 27/06/2019 8:59 am
RichardFromMarple
(@richardfrommarple)
Reputable Member Registered

I heard Philips used to boast that the tapes could be played on another machine without any worry about adjusting the tracking.

Posted : 27/06/2019 12:31 pm
sideband
(@sideband)
Famed Member Moderator

Posted by: RichardFromMarple

I heard Philips used to boast that the tapes could be played on another machine without any worry about adjusting the tracking.

That is perfectly true..it wasn't a boast ….and you could! There was no tracking adjustment at all on any of the V2000 format machines. If you can find any info on how it all worked, there were control tracks recorded on the tape that allowed the heads to track the original recording. If there were ever any tracking errors it was either because the heads were badly worn or the control tracks were missing.

Posted : 27/06/2019 12:45 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Prominent Member Registered

Automatic tracking was the norm on later VHS machines of course, but the totally noiseless picture search was for me the most impressive feature of the Philips piezo-electric head technology. 

John.

Posted : 27/06/2019 7:01 pm
acj1980
(@acj1980)
Reputable Member Registered

i really like this system, but the recorders is differcult to get in Denmark, very unfortunally, most of them have problems with the drums have corroted areas 🙁 , 

Posted : 28/07/2019 6:46 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: