Notifications
Clear all

Esselte moviebox

acj1980
(@acj1980)
Active V-Ratter Registered

Good afternoon.

For days ago i got this Esselte moviebox from 1987, it seems to be in a okay condition, and there is some functions there working, but no play option, i notice that on the front was a label with information about the machine will not play when the rent period is over, its a kind of secure .

I open the moviebox up and toke a look inside, i notice there is a battery box and four "DN837" Hall elements at rear, so the question is, does anybody knows something about to break that secure so i can use it forward?

There is some pictures where those two cables are connected,

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/02/2021 5:41 pm
Alex728 liked
Alex728
(@alex728)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

in the comments of this video someone from Sweden suggests (I think) putting a magnet over the box (my Swedish isn't very good though, only very basic if yours is better you might want to double check what they are writing)

(NB: be careful not to magnetise the video heads if you try that!).  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2021 2:10 am
acj1980
(@acj1980)
Active V-Ratter Registered

@alex728

Thanks for your answer, i allready tried to move a magnet over those four hall elements and it works for a short period, but now it´s locked i think, but never mind, the machine is in real bad condition can i see now, so i think its only for spareparts for my two other similar machines.

Alex

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/02/2021 12:06 pm
Alex728 liked