Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Ferguson 3V28 tuner/power unit

Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

I've found one of these in the stores, which is the partner to the 3V24 portable I have. Now, does anybody know what the JVC equivalent of this is as I'm seeking out some service info for it? Or, can anyone here help with a map? Be great if someone can 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/02/2020 6:35 am
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

JVC TU24 with the suffix EK for UK version but I've been unable to find a circuit. Never met one in the flesh, only seen the previous 3V25/TU22. The clock/timer operation of the 3V28 does seem to be similar to that of the 3V30/HR7300 VCR and that manual is on Elektrotanya or may be in the library but can't check as I don't seem to have access at the moment, may be worth a look as some of the circuit design may be common between the two.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2020 7:04 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

3V28 is in the library.

Oh Dear that not right it’s a 3V29

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2020 11:06 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

Hi Frank, it was the 3V30/HR7300 which I was suggesting may be in the library but I'm not able to check at the moment as I cannot get access. If it's only the 3V29 then that wont be any use as it's a much simpler circuit, if I remember correctly the 3V29 is a one event timer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2020 12:02 am
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)

Thanks for the information, John - looks like I've got a bit of a task on my hands. I think I'll put power on it and see what happens...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2020 6:32 am
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

In the 3V30 there was a pack of NiCad AA batteries on flying leads tucked under the timer board which kept the clock ticking and the timer memory for about 20 mins if the power was removed, If they leaked no damage resulted. I hope they haven't used one of those PCB mounted types as in the 3V55.

If my memory is right the 3V24 had one on the front PCB which did leak and caused major problems.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2020 11:47 am
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)

@jayceebee

From memory, if the NICAD goes u/s it can stop the clock from working. A quick disconnection proves the point.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2020 1:27 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)

Leaking memory batteries? Quad FM4 disease... 🙁

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2020 2:06 pm
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)