4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
vcrkowski
(@vcrkowski)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter

Hello group,

i bought another job, a Grundig SVR-4004 EL.

My first question would be, are the 4004 cassettes smaller than the N1702?

As can be seen in the video, the tape feed process works. But as soon as the cassette is inserted, nothing happens.

I tried to press the contact marked with the arrow down, then the playback also blocked.

Does anyone know of this phenomenon?

Thanks in advance for information

IMG 4073 LI

Posted : 20/07/2020 11:48 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Posted by: @vcrkowski

My first question would be, are the 4004 cassettes smaller than the N1702?

Most of what you need to know about the Grundig SVR format is covered here :- http://www.totalrewind.org/philips/P_4004.htm

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 20/07/2020 12:44 pm
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)
Prominent Member Registered

I'm sure the physical cassette was the same size. I had it's ITT brother for a few years. I did, however re-wind the cassettes with VHS tape. It was so long ago. I can't remember if I did this because the cassettes I had were worn, or the machine worked better with perhaps a higher coercivity tape than the 1500/1700 had?  

Posted : 21/07/2020 9:00 am
vcrkowski
(@vcrkowski)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter

Yes, the cassettes are the same size.
My problem was the right button under the cassette. It is worn out. If the cassette is inserted, it is not switched, see my second video, there I press the switch down with a screwdriver. Then the tape feed starts.

InkedIMG 4075 LI002

I only saw the spring lying there later, it comes to the cassette cover on the right.

But I have another problem, I do not get an RF signal on the TV (video VHS), or I am too stupid to start the broadcast search. I do this as follows: Cassette compartment closed then recording pressed and then on one of the three buttons Volume I, Volume III or UHF.

Posted : 21/07/2020 9:54 am
Share: