Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Looking for 8 pin EIAJ plug  

Alastair
(@alastair)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Anyone any ideas for a supplier who can provide an 8 pin EIAJ block-plug, male to fit into an Akai 1/4 video-recorder?

I have a rather odd machine, a X500-VT a combo open reel stereo deck with a mono video-recorder based on Akai's 1/4 format.

Ive had lots of fun rebuilding this and searching the world for some video-heads, thankfully now sorted.

I need one of these plugs to make up some decent leads to run this machine in a more presentable way than by winkling wires into the 8 pin socket!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/10/2018 9:16 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered
Alastair
(@alastair)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Ah--yes, those look like it! I think we both reffd the numbers with RS at the same time, came up with same parts.

Odd they sell each part of the same plug as a separate item....

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/10/2018 11:15 pm
Refugee
(@refugee)
Famed V-Ratter Deactivated Account

I might have a couple of made up leads in my stash. They are 8 pin male on both ends.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2018 11:35 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Posted by: Alastair

Ah--yes, those look like it! I think we both reffd the numbers with RS at the same time, came up with same parts.

Odd they sell each part of the same plug as a separate item....

Well, I have to make an order to RS in the next day or so, so I shall order one and hopefully it's the right connector. I seem to recall the bigger ones were used as remote control connectors on professional Panasonic VHS machines.

EDIT: have placed the order, will let you know. If they are the right ones, I foresee an order for some more. I think Farnell do a four-core video cable (Van Damme?) that has four RG174 cores so it's ideal for making off to BNCs, Hirose RM15s or, perish the thought, SCARTs...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2018 11:51 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)

Right... I can now confirm that the plugs sold by RS are NOT the plugs we seek - they're smaller ☹️

I think the ones we want are the S1300, series, not the S1600; and the S1300 series are obsolete.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2018 12:34 pm